➴︎ n.jm

Y/N✔︎

I was sitting on the couch watching tv as we waited for my mom's best friend to arrive. We always spent Christmas together and because of that, I grew closer to her son, Na Jaemin.

He's the sweetest friend, almost like a brother. We go to the same school, walking together every morning and going back home.

I huffed, getting bored with the tv and so I grabbed the remote from the small wooden table in front of me and flipped through the channels.

A little while later, the doorbell rang and my head snapped towards the door. I put down the remote beside me on the couch and stood up, jogging towards the door.

My hand landed on the knob, feeling the cold metal under it and turned it to reveal Aunt Seyoung with her son, Na Jaemin. Both smiling so brightly and they were so contagious I flashed a smile as well.

"Good evening Y/N! How have you been?" She spoke cheerily and I answered, "I've been the best. Please come in." I stepped aside and made way for them, they stepped inside as Aunt Seyoung gave me a hug followed by Jaemin who smiled and raised hs eyebrows at me and I did as well.

"Mom Dad, they're here!" I announced and brisk-walked to the dining room where it was already set up with so much food just for 5 people but there was a big space in the middle.

My mom popped up in the dining room from the kitchen, brining the ham into the celebration and filled the middle spot.

"Hey Seyoung! Jaemin! Handsome as always." My mom complimented which made Jaemin reply with a small thank you.

My dad came down the stairs and smiled, "Welcome!"

They chatted a bit while Jaemin and I stood on the side awkwardly, waiting for them to let us eat.

I turned my head and looked up at him, we met eyes and looked away laughing.

"Hey kids! Quit laughing now let's eat." We immediately stood up straight and pursed our lips.

"Coming!"

✈︎

The adults were now talking about things Jaemin and I couldn't relate to. We sat there silently as my eyes wandered around the house, landing on the Christmas tree that looked quite a bit odd.

I excused myself and stood up, walking towards the living room where the tree was. I admired it's height, the fake green leaves that supported the ornaments, and that's when I saw that the mistletoe was hanging awkwardly there.

My hand reached up to fix it. I exhaled when it looked better but I felt a towering figure in front of me, I looked up to see Jaemin his eyes looking down at me so softly and I now realized...we were under the mistletoe.

His eyes flickered to lips and back to my eyes. He leaned closer and his lips landed on mine so fast before I could even blink. I didn't move, neither was I planning to. When he felt that I wasn't gonna kiss back any minute now he pulled away and looked into my eyes again, now looking very disappointed.

"I understand why you did that but I just want you to know that I love you so much and I hope you feel the same". I couldn't reply and looked down. My mind went blank and I felt like I lost the ability to speak. He was making me feel confused now.

Did he really feel like a brother to me?

"Jaemin honey! We're going home now." He broke eye contact with me and walked away with a sigh as I watched him do so.

"Y/N! Come here and say goodbye. What you standing there for?" My mom called and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Coming!" I shook my head and followed after Jaemin to the front door. They thanked each other but Jaemin never tried to make his eyes meet with mine anymore.

"Goodbye.." I trailed off and the door closed.

wait for pt 2!!!!

wait for pt 2!!!!