➴︎ nct dream

𓁹

"Mom, for the hundredth time I don't want to get married! I don't even know him yet." I yelled at my mother. This argument has been going on for days now and she still fights for what's 'best' for me.

"Y/N sweetie, you'll get to know him better if only you listen and obey me-" She pleaded as she reached out for my arm but before she could even place her fingers on mine, I held back and ran away. Following my feet to lead me wherever.

Grabbing my jacket from the hanger and opened the door, the cold night wind greeting me and kissed my face.

This was such an impulsive choice but I couldn't care less. I didn't want to hear anymore from my stubborn mother and meet him.

I ran and ran, I didn't even notice I was close to leaving the city. I took breaks from time-to-time, propping my hands on my knees to catch my breath, wiping the sweat off my forehead and continued my journey.

I was out of the city now. Rarely, cars passed by, their lights flashing on me. On the left side of the road was the beach, calmly throwing waves as the moonlight reflected on it. On the other, a forest almost no one has ever touched or even tried to get a look of.

My feet unconsciously turned to the road, cars abruptly stopping as I cross the road without care, they rolled down their windows and threw curses and swears but I continued to follow my feet and get lost in the forest.

Leaves crunched under my every step, pushing branches trying to get in my way. To say it wasn't scary or creepy at all to get lost in the forest at night is an understatement.

She then noticed something glistening and illuminating behind the trees, she maneuvered her way into the many branches and big rocks scattered on the floor, brushing a big leaf aside to reveal a pond. There were flowers that bloomed, its color being overshadowed by the darkness of the night but they still looked pretty nevertheless. Cottages whose doors and walls were brown, it had old windows, and vines made their way up to the roof of the cottage, covering it whole.

She stepped out, past the leaf she was pushing aside. She took all this in but it was then her fatigue finally took over her as she fainted and fell onto the grass, wet because of its dew.

She slept soundly, the tiredness taking over her body.

From a distance not far away, there were two lads messing and goofing around late at night in this forest. They wore something pretty similar to each other, brown suspenders over their white polos that had two buttons unbuttoned from the top.

They laughed loudly when one tripped over a branch from being too clumsy.

The taller one started when his eyes landed on the sleeping figure, "Yah, Chenle?" The black haired other stood up, dusting himself as he replied with a casual 'what'.

His finger directed their eyes to the girl, "There's a girl lying there."

The Chinese stretched his head to get a better look of the said girl. She was lying tiredly, looking very burned out.

"Should we leave her here or bring her inside? She looks lost." The younger stepped forward, bending down to get a closer look of her face.

Soft snores emitted from her nose as she breathed, her mouth was slightly open, she had long lashes that paired her eyes. 'She's quite pretty', his thought made his cheeks heat up and redden.

Not long after, a loud voice was calling for them. "Chenle! Jisung! Get inside it's late!" He scolded as he ran and tried to brushed aside the leaves and branches that were blocking his way.