Chapter sixteen

Previously:

Previously:

Skye POV:

Ryder gathered us all except Chase. What is it about? Then he speaks up.

"Pups, I want to announce that..."

Back to present

"We're going on a month vacation to Hawaii!" - He tell us with excited face.

"YAY!" - Everybody except me yells.

"Shouldn't we tell it to Chase?" - I ask confused.

"He already knows about it. He helped me with picking location." - Ryder replies.

"Wait a moment. who'll stay?" - Marshall says.

"Me." - Suddenly Chase comes in.

"But-" - I start.

"No, I have to stay. I'm second in command after all." - He cuts me off. "It's my responsibility."

"He's right. I recommend to start packing now, pups. We're leaving tomorrow at 8 A.M." - Our leader ends conversation.

Time skip to next day

Chase POV:

I wake up at 5 A.M. and wait for the rest to come.

Three hours later

I think everyone's here. Marshall, Rubble, Zuma, Rocky, Skye, Everest, Tracker, Jake, Carlos and Ryder. Yup, that's all. I secretly put the cash into the last one's bag with a short note. One month, only me and no one else. Sweet sweet silence. Everybode except me goes into the Air Patroller and after a while it's ready to take off.

"Bye Chase. We'll miss you." -  They yell as they fly up.

"I'll miss you too." - I yell back. And then add quietly "I love you, Skye." knowing that she won't hear it. When I was about to go back to catch some sleep, I get a call from Mayor Goodway.

"Hello Mayor Goodway, is there a problem?" - I ask.

"Chikaletta is missing. Can you help me?"

"No problem." - I end the call. Maybe this month won't be that easy

Three hours of searching for Chikaletta later

"I found her! She's on this tree!" - I yell. But then she falls down.

"Ruff, net!" - I bark and manage to catch this chicken at the right time.

"Thank you very much, Chase." - Goodway says to me.

"No problem. That's my job. I'll go now. Goodbye." - I try to sound polite and walk to my truck.

Time skip to 25th December

I wake up at 9.30 in the morning, but I still feel tired. Almost a week and I had to wake up at 6 A.M. and came back to the lookout at 11 P.M., because of morning and night patrols. But today nothing will happen. Today is only for me. I go out and look up.

"I love you Skye. I wish I would tell you my feelings." - I quietly whisper.

Skye POV:

It's beautiful here. But I can't relax. I miss him.

"I love you Chase." - I think when I look at the sky.

" - I think when I look at the sky

Author's note: Hi! That's another... blah blah blah, nobody reads this story, so why should I write it? I'm bored I guess. Dedication goes to ChaseFXDRG, check out his story called "What is love?", it's awesome. Stay safe everyone.