51 = corey

♫ : "DARK RED" by STEVE LACY (slowed & reverb)

i stumbled out of the bathroom i've spent most of this party in. the alcohol was making my stomach warm as i turned a corner into another hallway. music was blasting and the crowd of people in front of me were all dancing, their sweaty bodies rubbing up against each other.

the sound of a drum beat started on the speakers as i watched everyone enjoying themselves. my heavy eyes scanned the entire room but landed on one person in particular.

a head of blonde hair and wide eyes that looked all too familiar. i began to push my way through everyone, keeping my eyes on the blondie.

"sorry." i mumbled to everyone i bumped into who was sober enough to even notice.

i watched as he walked towards an empty hallway in the back of the house. i kept up, skeptically continuing forward.

it was much quieter over here away from the music and voices. the blondie turned around abruptly once he reached a dead end and we made eye contact.

i stopped in my tracks. the blue eyed, blonde head of hair was corey haim.

"what the fuck?" were the first words to leave me mouth. i walked towards him a little, "are you real?"

he excitedly smiled at me and said, "hi kennedy."

"no, you can't be real." i took a step back, "fuck, i'm hallucinating." i placed my hand to my forehead.

"i'm real!" he grabbed my arm, "you're not hallucinating."

"but you're 80s corey haim. you're young."

"yes! i am, thanks for pointing out the obvious."

"right, so if you're really 80s corey, tell me something only you and i would know." i crossed my arms over my chest, not believing corey haim was really at a highschool party in 2018 right now.

i have major trust issues with my own brain.

"you're kennedy aka brandy, we use pinky promises as a legitimate foundation of trust, and you dip fries in your milkshakes." he held up a finger, "chocolate milkshakes only."

my eyes widened, and i took a quick look around to make sure no one could overhear us.

"you hooked up jason patric plenty of times, only drink vodka, weed makes you paranoid-"

in a panic, i opened the door that lead to the patio out back and walked corey out with me.

"you want me to keep going? because i can." he was smirking at me.

"no! that's enough. i believe you." i said in response. we were the only ones out back as we stood on the stone patio that had string lights hung up all around it.

i looked at corey, studying his features. i felt this overwhelming feeling of happiness as i pulled him into a tight hug.

"how did you get here? i missed you." i exclaimed, as he hugged me back.

"i think i found a portal." i pulled away, looking him in the eyes.

"a portal?"

"it sounds crazy, i know. but i went back to the crash site, where our car ended up the night you died and from the looks of it, woke up from your coma." he waved his hands in front of me.

"and? you just ended up here? in 2018?"

"i found this." he dug into his pocket and pulled out a gold ring.

"that's mine." i stared at it intently, taking it from his hand.

it was a skinny gold ring i wore on the night of our party at jason's friends' apartment. it must've slipped off during the crash. and sure enough, it still has my own blood splattered on it.

"yeah, so when i picked it up, it was the weirdest thing. it was like i could see double of my surroundings. there was two of everything, two trees, two roads, two everything. and i walked towards it and boom. i'm here all of a sudden."

i took everything he said in for a few seconds. i could barely wrap my head around it, but one thing i've learned in past couple months, is that when something strange happens, don't even question it. because i'll never be able to find an answer to understand it.

i slipped the ring back onto my middle finger, "how did you find me?"

corey shrugged, "i know you like to party?"

"there's probably thousands of parties going on right now in the entire state of california." i laughed.

"i might've done some investigating on you once i realized where i was. i found one of those iphones you and naomi were always talking about!" he reached into his other front pocket, pulling out an iphone xs.

he held it with his pointer finger and thumb so the screen was facing up at the sky, "they're so thin."

i watched as he stared at it in awe.

"i'd put it back in your pocket before you drop it and the whole thing shatters." i said, getting anxiety from just the way he was so carelessly holding it.

he listened to me, and put it back safely in his jeans.

"we gotta get you out of here, if anyone sees you i'm sure we'll both get jumped." i grabbed his arm.

"jumped?" he questioned, as we made our way around the side of the yard.

"everyone knows i time travelled thanks to twitter and ellen degeneres, so if anyone saw you, they'd start asking a billion questions." i sighed.

we had to hide behind a few bushes until the coast was clear to make a run for it to harrison's car. corey and i stood behind it and i quickly began texting harry to come out because i had to leave.

"you get to meet one of my friends. his name's harrison, he's chill. he won't ask us a billion questions." i said, while texting.

"cool. hey, kennedy?" haim asked.

"hm?"

"who's ellen degenerate?"

i looked over at the confused boy who couldn't even get her last name right.

i sighed with a smile, "you have so much to learn."

___

ahhhhh wtf ??!!!??!

stay tuned for some exciting news next update ;)

ILY, VOTE & COMMENT <3

also the lil music note in the beginning is the song suggestion for this chapter -  i imagined it playing at the party .. yes i got it from tik tok lol