39 = see you soon

"well, i think we lost the cop." jason turned to look out the back window of his car i was driving.

"thank god, i was not in the mood to be arrested tonight." i heard jake say in the backseat.

"jake, your elbow is digging into my literal ribs!" naomi yelled. the four of them were all crammed in the back and it looked kind of funny honestly.

"geez, sorry, what do you want me to do? sit in the trunk? detach my limbs?"

"yeah, that's actually a good idea."

"no one's sitting in the trunk and all body parts are staying attached." i laughed at my friends arguing as i kept my eyes on the road.

corey f let out a loud sigh, "i had a good time tonight with you guys."

we all agreed with him.

"where are we going now though?" haim asked, leaning forward in between my seat and jason's.

i shrugged and laughed, "i don't even know where i'm driving, i just wanted to get away from there as quick as possible."

"can we get food?" haim asked.

"yess! food! please." feldman called out.

"i'm starving." jake groaned.

"the thought of food makes me wanna throw up." naomi whined.

"there's a wendy's about ten minutes away from here." jason suggested.

the corey's let out synchronized moans at the thought of wendy's, "chicken nuggets, dude."

"yeah, we'll do wendy's!" corey h shook his head vigorously.

"wendy's it is, boys." i smirked.

"there's gonna be an intersection coming up and you'll make a left." jason told me and i said okay while pulling into the left lane on the road we were on.

the stop lights and signs on the stores around us lit up the road for the most part. it must've rained when we were partying because the streets looked damp.

i saw the intersection coming up and i stayed in the lane i was already in until the light turned red and i came to a stop.

the four of them in the back were talking to each other but i wasn't really paying attention to the words they were saying. i instead looked over at jason who gave me a small smile and placed his hand on my thigh.

the light turned green and i yielded to everyone coming our way. when the last car passed i pulled up a little more and started to turn left when a large shadow covered my side of the car.

we had been hit.

the hard jolt flew our car feet away and flipped. i could tell because screams were coming out of all of us. the air bags popped out and i felt a hard hit to my head and a pain in my side.

jason's point of view

the car finally stopped flipping and it landed upright, sliding on to the side of the road.

"is everyone okay?" i frantically asked, turning around.

they all unbuckled their seat belts to move away from each other since the crash basically piled them all up.

"that truck!" feldman yelled, pointing out the window, "they hit us!"

"kennedy, are you okay?" i unbuckled myself and leaned closer to her.

her face was scrunched up in pain but she nodded her head.

"does anything hurt- jesus christ your stomach!" there was a piece of something sticking out of her left side. i looked up and saw her window broke open, "shit, it looks like metal. something from the truck."