48 = farewell bestfriend

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 25th 2018

my shoes squeaked on the floor as i ran down the hallways of the hospital towards the ICU. i thought this dramatic scene only ever happened in movies, but i guess it also happens to a girl who just found out her bestfriend would be dying.

naomi's mom called me about twenty minutes ago saying i should get down here, and that's exactly what i did. once i finally made it to naomi's room, i stopped in my tracks as i stood in the doorframe, out of breath. her parents were standing facing the doctors, both in tears.

i slowly crept into the room as well, looking over at naomi who laid in the bed. same place i saw her last time.

"her organs are no longer able to function on their own. the machines are breathing for her at this point." one of the doctors voice rang through my ears.

"so if we take the tube out-"

"she will not be able to breath on her own."

naomi's mom nodded, unable to speak as she silently cried.

"i'm very sorry. i know this is a difficult decision to make."

i watched as her parents held each other in their arms, and after a few seconds, her dad said, "we're gonna take her off."

the doctors nodded their heads and began to close the blinds of the room.

"wait!" i said, and they all turned to look at me, "but i woke up. i woke up and i was completely fine, why can't she?"

"her brain stopped showing any activity early this morning. we've been monitoring her brain waves and there aren't any anymore."

i looked over at naomi once again. her dark, wavy hair looked so perfect over her shoulders. i stumbled backwards into a chair, plopping down on it.

i knew the doctors were turning off the machines and taking her tube out. i knew her parents were crying and whispering to naomi how much they love her, but i couldn't hear any of it.

it's like a cloud of fog was replaced with my brain. i sat there in that chair for who knows how long, just looking at naomi with her eyes closed.

i sat there until her parents were asked to go to another room to discuss their plans. i stood up and walked out, but it felt like my body was moving without me telling it what to do.

i walked outside of the building, all the way to my car. i put my keys in the ignition and drove. no where in particular, i just drove.

my phone was being spammed with calls from my mom, but instead of answering, i pulled over on the grass that was to the side of the highway that overlooked the ocean.

thankfully, there were no other cars driving by. i didn't want anyone to hear or see me and ask if i was okay, because right now i'm the complete opposite of being okay.

i got out of my car and ran to the edge of the small cliff, screaming as loud as i could. tears were streaming down my face and blurring my vision completely. my body felt numb, i didn't feel real.

i heaved for air in between each cry and scream i pushed out of my lungs. i dropped to my knees, wrapping my arms around my own shoulders in desperate need for a hug right now.

i felt absolutely alone and as much as i wanted to get out of my time travel state and come back home to 2018, in this moment, i wish i was back in 1987.

i heard the sound of a car slowly coming down the road. i turned away from the view i was looking at to see them pulling over and opening their door.

"hey! are you okay?" the man's voice called out from behind me.

i rolled my eyes, wiping my tears from my cheeks.
"yeah!" i lied, standing up and turning around, "i'm fine-"

there was about a 12 foot distance between me and the guy who stood there with a confused look written across his face.

even through the confusion i could recognize this man's face any day. it was greg beeman, director of license to drive.

in the midst of a hysteric mental breakdown, my only reaction was to laugh.

"are you sure you're okay?" he asked.

"just my fucking luck." i laughed, tears still forming in my eyes.

"do you want me to call someone?"

i shook my head and started to walk towards my car. "god, i can't get away from any of you! first drew wilson, now you." i laughed to myself. the universe was really fucking with me right now.

"do i know you? from somewhere?" he asked as i walked past him.

"brandy alexander?" i questioned, before hopping in my car.

i made eye contact with him through my opened window. his entire expression had changed and he looked as pale as a ghost.

"you saw me in your dreams didn't you?" i asked, while turning my keys, "yeah, FUCK YOU GREG BEEMAN!"

and with that, i backed out onto the road and slammed my foot on the gas.

___

rip naomi chamberlain :((

i'm really killing everyone off recently lmfaoo

pls vote and comment <3 i'm excited for the upcoming chapters - jake will be making a reappearance soon eeekk !!!