25 = comatose

TUESDAY, AUGUST 25th 1987

brandy's point of view

michael dropped a stack of photos on the table in front of jason and i. he looked very angry which wasn't something to ignore.

"care to explain yourselves?" michael folded his hands on the table.

it was 9 in the morning, two days after our sneak in to the bar in LA. michael called jason and i into his office bright and early demanding we have a meeting. michael's a good manager but his love for early morning meetings is something he could learn to live without.

i held in a laugh looking down at the photos.

"this isn't funny, brandy!" michael spread all the photos out. they were taken by the paparazzi and were candids of jason and i in the bar talking to patrick dempsey, noticing the paparazzi, and then leaving.

"you two ditched a movie premiere, which was a work thing, to go party at a bar!"

"well yes that sounds pretty bad but, if you look at it this way ... we left patrick swayze's premiere to go sneak into patrick dempsey's bachelor party. i don't know about you but that sounds pretty iconic to me." i crosses my arms over my chest and leaned back in my chair.

"you snuck in?" michael's voice raised.

"that was my idea actually." jason pointed out, "plus we went for the band that was playing there. it just so happened to be patrick's bachelor party too."

"you guys are giving me a headache." michael sighed, "do you know how many times you two have been seen leaving important events early together? or the amount of times you've been seen passed out in his arms!" he looked at me.

i bit the inside of my cheek.

"you're starting to benefit off of your relationship together rather than your work. and that never ends well."

jason and i were silent for a bit and i think michael thought he got his point across finally.

but then i spoke up, "well, isn't that kind of good? keep our names interesting?"

"yeah, we could always deliberately do some things in public." jason looked at me, "spice it up a bit."

"yes! you could be passed out in my arms next time!"

"OUT!" michael yelled, fed up with our sarcasm.

"i-"

"OUT OF MY OFFICE."

jason and i quickly got up and headed for the door, "be on set tomorrow at 7:30, brandy. and jason ... just go home. stay home."

i closed the door behind us before michael could rant more about our antics.

=

"so should we start our incognito relationship now?" jason smirked as we sat in his car outside of my highschool.

i let out a breath threw my nose and smirked, "yeah, something like that."

"i'll see you whenever then." he smiled and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

"thank you for the ride ... again." i said, grabbing my books off the floor by my feet.

"it was my pleasure, miss alexander."

i pecked his lips with a quick kiss before getting out of his car and walking towards the doors of the school. the minute i was alone, my thoughts came at me full speed and i wanted to suffocate them out of my head.

i dug through my bag to find the xanax i took from my aunts dresser drawer earlier this morning. i swallowed the bar approximately .5 seconds before opening the door into school.

the last few weeks i've been coming here, i've been able to grow accustomed to the layout of the school and where all my classes were. i didn't know many people besides naomi and jake, but that was fine with me.

it was around 10 am by now and i just made it to my locker. there were plenty of students walking in the halls right now.

once i swapped out a few notebooks, i closed my locker door. i was met with naomi and jake standing beside me, causing me to jump a little, "hi."

"tell her what you told me." naomi said in a stern voice with her arms crossed over her chest.

i looked to jake. he looked like a little kid who was in trouble.

"what?" i asked.

"i-i was doing some thinking about your time travel situation and you both could be in a coma like you think you are, which is fine, i mean, a lot of people in comas wake up-"

"get to the point!" naomi impatiently said.

"but since you were in a car accident, there's a possibility you two are actually on life support ... and ..."

"and?" i asked.

"and a lot of patients on life support rely solely on the ventilators to breathe for them. and without them, they'll ... die."

my eyebrows furrowed, "i know. i've seen a lot of greys anatomy."

"what's grey-"

"what he's trying to say," naomi cut off jake, "is that if we're gonna go back to 2018, we should do it soon. like really soon, because depending on the situation our bodies are in, waking up sooner is better than later."

"but we don't know how to get back!" i exclaimed.

the loudness of chatter in the halls has quieted down since almost everyone was in their classrooms by now.

"we've gotta figure it out, kennedy."