3 = who am i

an ugly fluff chapter =

SATURDAY, AUGUST 1st, 1987

the next morning the three of us went out to breakfast at mcdonalds. i normally never eat mcdonalds but apparently it was the boys' favorite, so i settled.

we went through the drive through and ate in the parking lot in corey's car. corey f allowed me to sit shotgun since he got it last night.

"so, brandy. is your aunt still out and about?" corey h chuckled.

"my aunt?" i asked, sipping down my lemonade.

"yeah, you told us she's never home, always goes on trips and buys expensive stuff."

"oh, right. yeah she's still gone." i said as i prayed to god they didn't ask questions i didn't know the to answers to. i live with an aunt? what about my parents? where do i even live?

"that must be fun." corey smiled in the back seat, "living with an aunt who's barely ever home, you're becoming famous, you can do anything you want and you don't have parents telling you what to do!"

"corey!" haim shushed him and i looked back and forth at them confusedly.

"sorry. i didn't mean it like that, i just mean it must be fun not having supervision all the time." feldman shrugged.

i looked at them with wide eyes and a mouth full of hash browns. were my 80s parents dead?

"it's okay." i choked out, "i know what you mean. it is fun." i smiled.

we all continued to eat our breakfast and i stared out the window. all the old cars driving past were making me freak out. it was so weird seeing an abundant amount of them in person.

"so, what're your plans for today?" i asked them, breaking the silence.

"tonight's the party. you're coming with us." feldman said.

"i am?"

"yeah. it's the whole cast and whoever else wants to show up!"

=

corey dropped me off at what was apparently my house. it was large and i wondered how my family had so much money for it. i walked in and checked the place out before finding what seemed to be my bedroom.

the walls were painted baby blue with a large bed that had white bedding on it and tons of pillows. there was a yellow phone on the nightstand and posters of tears for fears, the rolling stones, and led zeppelin all around the room. i smiled and went over to the closet, the clothes were things i could only ever dream of back in 2018. there were tons of crop tops and jackets and jeans and mini skirts.

i decided to take a shower so i could start getting ready for the party tonight, but it ended up taking an hour because halfway through, the long awaited mental breakdown hit. i couldn't wrap my mind around how i got into a car accident and woke up in a decade 30 years in the past, living a famous life of a girl named brandy.

when i finally pulled myself together the best i could, i went back into my room to do my makeup, but i was completely dumbfounded in the worst way possible when i realized i didn't have my anastasia contour or glow kit.

i sighed looking at all the bright colored eyeshadows and lipsticks. 80s makeup trends are definitely not my thing. it's difficult to make a 2018 inspired, natural, glowy look out of such boring products, but i did the best i could.

it was around 5 pm by now and i looked through the nightstand drawer, luckily finding haim's number to call him.

"hello?" he picked up.

"corey, hey it's ... brandy. uh, what should i wear tonight? like, what's it gonna be like?"

"definitely not casual but not red-carpet."

"okay. and what time again?"

"10. jason phoned me, he said he's going to pick you up."

"oh. okay. thanks!" i said and then hung up.

i frantically walked over to the closet not knowing what to wear. even though jason wouldn't be here for probably another 4 and a half hours, it would most likely take me that long to continue getting ready anyway.

i laid out the outfit i picked out on the bed which was a white t-shirt, tucked into a pair of plaid green pants, with a leather jacket and skinny black heels.

i then went to snoop around the house to try and figure out more about myself so i wasn't totally clueless. i found what seemed to be my aunts room. it was kept clean for someone corey feldman seemed to think was as on the wild side. i made my way into an office and found the checkbook. i tracked down the name, it read margaret alexander.

an aunt margaret, how wonderful. i went through tons of papers and was able to find out she was 30. my parents names were allison and tom alexander. they died in plane crash when i would've been 6. i felt saddened even though i never knew them.

i went downstairs for a snack, automatically wishing to play either post malone or lana del rey off my phone. and then i realized lana was currently 2 years old and post hadn't even been born yet. i sighed as i looked through the fridge. nothing. i turned around and grabbed a sad looking orange from the bowl on the island.

right as i started to peel it, the doorbell rang. it startled me and i quickly ran over to the door; not even minding my socks, silk shorts and cropped tank top i had changed into.

i opened the door to see jason.

"shit, is it 10?"

"no, shorty it's almost 7." he chuckled and i noticed the sun was still out.

"oh." i mumbled and then turned around to head back to the kitchen. he closed the door behind him and followed me.

"well what're ya doin' over so early?" i asked as i ate my orange.

"i just wanted to see you." he smiled and then it faded out, "and warn you about tonight."