40 = it all makes sense

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 8th 2018

it's been three days since i woke up from my coma in the hospital. my doctors have been checking my vitals, my reflexes, and making sure there's no damage to my brain. i spent a lot of time in naomi's room, holding her hand and watching her. the doctors say she's not showing any signs of movement or waking up right now. it hurt to hear and it hurt more to see her parents in such pain and worry.

but i know something they don't. i know naomi is still stuck in the year 1987. she's safe and probably being annoyed by jake saying something dumb right now. i just have to have faith in jason holding up to his promise to me, that he'll get her back here, where she's supposed to be.

today's the day i'm finally being discharged. i've been waiting for my papers but currently i'm trying to pull some strings with the one of the nurses at the desk to let me read my file.

"i just wanna see something."

the male nurse looked at me with his bright blue eyes, "a parent or guardian has to be present with you to allow access to your medical records since you're a minor."

i sighed and leaned against the desk, "you know, being in a car accident and then a coma is hard. especially when your bestfriend is still lost in her coma on the floor above us."

he squinted his eyes at me, "you're trying the guilt trip on me."

"is it working?" i devilishly smirked.

he scratched the side of his face and looked around before scrolling through an ipad and then subtly sliding it to me.

"thank you." i whispered. i scrolled up to the top of my page, i've been looking for the answer to one question this whole time. out of everything i could've experienced in a coma, why did i time travel to the 1980s?

my heart was anxiously racing as i hoped to find one thing that stuck out to me. the cause of my hospital stay was written at the top of the page.

-car accident, damage to drivers side, kennedy white female 16. passenger in seat, naomi chamberlain female 16. driver at fault, jason patric male 52.

my jaw dropped and my eyes wouldn't stop rereading that sentence over and over again. i looked up to see blue eyes talking to another nurse and i quickly pulled out my phone to take a photo of jason's contact information.

i slid the ipad closer to the nurse and quickly walked away from the desk.

i found my answer. my mind was racing as i walked through the hospital halls. the whole reason naomi and i specifically time travelled to 1987 was because our car collided with jason patric's. real time 2018 jason patric. and the song playing on both our radios, dream a little dream of me overlapping at the same time.

i pressed the elevator button. no wonder i was placed into a time and as a person that was so close in jason's life in 1987. it wasn't just some freak coincidence, i mean, it sure as hell was freaky but the universe did it with meaning. we just didn't know it at the time.

could things get anymore twisty?

"i signed your papers." my mom smiled as i stood in the doorway to my hospital room. i blinked a few times, coming back to reality.

"great! so we get to go home?"

"yeah, i've got all your things. did you wanna stop by naomi's room again before we go?"

i let out a breath and shook my head, "it's hard to see her like that in that bed."

my mom nodded her head, "let's get you home, sweetie."

___

thank you for all the votes & comments recently !!
it's v much appreciated <3