13 = paparazzi

hi please leave a vote and a comment xx

brandy's point of view

naomi and i's plans we discussed during lunch to get back to the 21st century didn't go over very well. we got absolutely no where and she's still insisting i explain to jason our situation for help.

"did you take the bus?" naomi asked as we stood outside in the bright sunlight once school let out.

i shook my head, "i walked."

"damn. where's an uber when you need one?" she cracked a smile at me.

"only thirty years ahead in the future." i shrugged.

"hey." a pretty guy slung his arm around my friend.

"hey! we missed you at lunch," she pouted at the curly haired boy, "brandy this is jake, jake, brandy." she introduced us.

"hi." i smiled and crossed my arms over my chest.

"hey. you're an actress, right? you were in the lost boys?" he asked me.

i nodded.

"what're you still doing in school?" he chuckled, "if i was famous i'd drop out in a heart beat."

"you know what? that's a good idea." my oversized cellphone rang in my bag and i quickly dug it out, "hello?"

"brandy! nice of you for answering me for once!" michael teased.

"my manager." i mouthed out to naomi and jake and then waved to them before walking away.

"ha ha very funny. what's up?"

"great news. you've got callbacks on friday for license to drive."

i couldn't exactly distinguish my reaction to that. i felt excited and pretty proud of myself but ... also a little scared. if i had to see that sleazy director one more time, i don't know what i would do.

"you still there?"

"yeah. yeah i'm here."

"are you okay? this is exciting news, brandy!"

"yeah, no, you're right. it is. thanks for letting me know."

"okay, well listen, doll. i'll call you tomorrow with more details, alright?"

"sounds good."

i dropped the phone back into my bag as i slowly walked down the sidewalk. i didn't even know if i was going in the right direction to my house, honestly. but at this point i barely even cared anymore.

"look who it is!" a voice called out to me from the side.

i looked over into the street. it was jason driving slowly next to me with a smirk. i full on expected him to say "get in loser, we're going shopping!" but that clearly never happened.

i smiled and stepped into the street, bending down to see in through his opened window.

"what're you stalking me?"