35 = pac-man baby

after dropping myself from the movie i've been working on for weeks and dealing with major legal problems, i found myself wandering the mall aimlessly with naomi

"okay, enough talk about the sleazy director. we need to do something fun. something 17 year old girls should be doing." my bestfriend said to me as i slumped around the crowds of people.

"like what? i've already bought enough clothes to make an entire 80s look book. what else could we possibly do?" i groaned.

"look! an arcade!" naomi pointed to the large neon sign in front of us on the window of a store. she grabbed my arm and quickly walked us to it.

we made our way into the arcade. the smell of popcorn filled my nose along with the loud noise of people chitchatting to their friends and music from the games being played.

"it smells like a blockbuster in here."

i giggled, "it really does." my eyes scanned the black carpet with red and blue neon dots all over it.

"so hows your 80s life been?" i asked her, since i feel like all we ever do is talk about all my drama.

she shrugged, "definitely less exciting than yours for sure. i'm still mad you woke up famous and i didn't."

i scoffed, "yeah and look how fun it's been for me." we stopped at a pac-man machine and naomi took a seat on the stool.

"do you have a quarter?"

"why would i have a quarter, do you have a quarter?"

"no, that's why i asked you, dumbass." naomi sarcastically replied.

"i know 2018 is only like 30 years ahead in the future but i can't imagine that all these people are just carrying loose change in their pockets." i mumbled, looking around at all the kids in deep concentration as they played their games.

"well things are cheaper right now! they don't have apple pay." she argued.

"i have one." a girls voice spoke up behind us. she had light brown hair and fluffy eyebrows.

"oh, thank you." i said as she handed me the 25 cents.

"you look very familiar." naomi squinted her eyes.

"yeah, you do." i agreed, studying the girl.

"oh." she awkwardly smiled while tucking her hair behind her ear, "my name's brooke. brooke shields."

"yes!" i cheered, "blue lagoon, endless love ... i love those movies."

"aw, thanks." she grinned.

"i'm kayla, this is my friend ken-"

"brandy." i cut naomi off, correcting her.

"yeah, i've heard about you two." brooke said, watching as naomi inserted the coin into the machine.

"really?" my eyes almost popped out of my head. brooke shields hearing about me? i'll never get use to this time travel life.

"yeah! michael asked me to be his plus one to your birthday party actually. but i ended up not going since we've barely talked ever since we broke up." she explained.

"my manager michael?" i confusedly asked at the same time naomi said, "michael jackson?" while her eyes stayed fixated on the game of pac-man.

brooke nodded her head, "michael jackson. not your ... manager."

"wait, you and michael jackson dated?" i asked.

"kind of, yeah. it was a couple years ago though."

"damn, i didn't know that!"

"fuck!" naomi raised her voice at the sound of her third pac-man life dying.

"there are children in here!" i whispered to her.

"they all say the fuck word too." she said sarcastically.

brooke laughed, "well, it was nice meeting you guys but i should get going. rush hour around here is hell!"

"it was nice meeting you!" i smiled.

"yeah, thanks for the quarter, girl." naomi said, hopping off of the stool.

"no problem. make sure you guys are careful if you take the highway out of here. rookie mistake for people who just moved here, the amount of car accidents is crazy."

"perfect, sounds like just what we need!" naomi looked at me. i knew what she meant but brooke took it in a sarcastic way as she laughed again.

"see you around." she smiled and then headed out of the arcade.

"let's take the highway and hope for a crash." naomi morbidly whispered, holding onto my arm as we walked towards the doors to leave as well.

"god, if people heard us they'd put us in a psych ward." i shook my head.

"so? i think the car accident really is the way to time travel back home. it sounds most promising." she shrugged.

"well, not today. we're taking the safe way back." i said.

"what're we doing next?"

"sorry, but i've gotta take you home. i needa stop at jason's ... make sure he hasn't lost his mind yet over us being time travelers." i sighed, gripping my aunts car keys in my hand.

__

thank you for 2k !!
vote & comment if you're enjoying, it's greatly appreciated :)

also brooke shields is absolutely gorgeous geez