21 = kiss and blow

brandy's point of view

"i don't understand. this thing is just so huge." naomi said, holding the map and flipping it in every direction.

"please figure it out soon because i don't know which lane to get into." i whined.

"give it to me." jake snatched the map out of naomi's hands as he sat backseat in my aunts' buick, "make this left."

"thank you." i said, turning on my signal. 

"you girls are ridiculous. you really don't know how to read a map?"

"we know how to read a map!" i called out defensively.

"google maps is just better." naomi said.

i could almost hear the eye roll jake was giving us right now.

"you said the party's in the valley?" he asked, sounding a little bit concerned.

"yeah, why-"

"turn right!" he yelled out, but i was already half way turning to the left. a car came bustling down the street right towards us as we were midturn.

all three of us were screaming. my only instinct, and very dumb instinct, was to pull the e-break and drift. that way we one, didn't get hit as the back of my car swung around quickly enough and two, could make that right.

i stepped on the gas as we headed down the right street, my heart beating out of my chest.

"is everyone okay?" i asked.

naomi and jake nodded.

"oh shit." i heard jake say.

"what?" i asked, looking in my rear view mirror. red and blue lights.

"that's the same car! they were a cop?" naomi yelled.

"they almost killed us by not stopping at that stop sign!" i yelled back, stepping on the gas.

"are you gonna pull over?" jake anxiously asked.

"i can't, i have a fear of being pulled over." i said while making another turn into the neighborhood.

"oh my god." naomi placed her head in her hands.

i was now speeding down the road that the party was on and the police car behind us turned on their sirens.

as soon as i pulled up to the curb, people walking into the house turned back to look at us.

naomi, jake and i hopped out of the car just in time for the cop to pull up as well.

"hey!" i heard him yell as we ran inside the house.

naomi spotted the coreys and ran over to them to tell them what just happened. i slammed the front door behind me and had all eyes on me. people i didn't know at all were staring at me like i was crazy.