Chapter 39

Jennie's POV

I personally ask my mom  to talk to her in private about the things we are facing right now. About the wedding, about the moving out, everything.

We headed to her office. SHe immediately sat down on her chair inside and crossed her arms.

''If this is about you opposing to the marriage, Jennie I'll tell you, there's nothing you can do about it-"

I motioned her to stop talking.

I took a deep breath and speak. She listened at me intently. Gladly. "Let me speak my mind, Mom. Just let me talk. For once"

Her mouth gaped with the way i said it but then she immediately closed it. all my life, this is the first time i've done this to shut her i love her so much so i never want to disrespect her.

I traced the hem of my shirt before saying something.

"I'm agreeing." I calmly said she was shocked. Of course.

I don't know, but seeing her reaction made me happy as well. Even if it means trading my happiness.. trading Lisa.

She didn't know, what to say at first. She clearly was taken aback with what i said.

"H-how? I mean, is this serious, Darling? I can't believe it.." she gasped. "Oh, Jennie!" Mom went out of her chair as burst into tears and walked towards me in the visitor's chair.

She then hugged me tightly, expressing the happiness she had felt after i dropped the bomb.

"this is the  best gift I've received, Jennie! I've been waiting for this day to come!" I felt her crying on my shoulder as she was saying her thanks to me.

She was happy because of my decision. Her reaction is proof of everything , a proof that she was beyond thankful because finally I let her do what she wanted to do all her life.. and that is to marry Lisa's father, the true love of her life.

Now... can i ruined my mom happiness for y own happiness too?

" Don't worry, Darling. We will wait until you'll graduate before we proceed to the wedding. Anyway. we're not on a rush. "I'll give you time to adjust to this new situation you're in."

She pulled away, and looked at me, smiling clearly grateful for my decision.

Luckily they will not getting married soon. I need time to adjust in this situation. And.. i need time to stop my self loving Lisa.

If i can...

"Jennie, is it okay if i let Lisa use the room beside you? Palisa and Bam already occupied the rooms on the left wing. Unless you want her to be on your dad's room.."

I immediately snapped at her. No, Dad's room is still sacred for me. They have separated room. And dad's room will forever be Dad's room no matter what. will happen.

"N-no!" i cleared my throat." I mean yes, she can use the room beside me."

I bit my lip. Now we're getting closer. Shit, I'm nervous with this kind of set up.

At night, we all of us on the dining. And this happened... for the first time since dad died.

If it's just me and she was always busy and i ended up eating with our maids.

Sad, right? but i got used to it.

I saw someone sat down beside me. I took a deep breath when i recognized who was it. My heart pounded as fast as it could! Damn it, she's the only one who can make me feel this way.