Chapter 10

Jennie's POV

What?! She said what?! Is she even joking? The way she treats me made me feel like she doesn't want me to be her SA, now what is she saying? She didn't agree to my so called 'resignation' hah, what a big joke!

"Lis- uhh.. Professor Manoban." I formally uttered and smiled sarcastically. She's somewhat amused, Tsk. "Please, you are my professor I hope as a professional you would respect my decision." if she's only playing with me she should stop.

But aren't you the one who started this? This is what you want right? 

I mentally shook my head. Urg! Past is past!

"Now you're talking about being professional, Ruby Jane." Ruby Jane... not Miss Kim anymore?

"Who's the one who want to quit because without any valid reason? You wanted the job right? you wanted to get i? Then you'll just quit without a valid reason? Quite unfair. What a spoiled brat." She shook her head and smirked.

Spoiled?! Me? A spoiled brat? Calm down. Jennie. Calm down.

"With the way you treat me Professor, you think I can stand it? And for the record, I am not a fucking spoiled brat." I sarcastically smiled at her again.

She was just staring at me, her one hand is on her chin and the other one is holding a pen. She's sitting. Her piercing brown eyes are focused on me.

I can see some particular emotions in her eyes but some of it are not too visible.

Guilt can be seen. And.. something else. Uhh, I don't think so. I think I've read it wrong.

She didn't answer me.

We were just staring at each other. I'm getting pissed. She's not answering me. "I'm wasting my time." I said and turned my back. If I stay there I will just suffocate myself.

She didn't even follow me. Wow. So now you're assuming that she would follow you? Are you nuts? And why am I fighting with myself... I'm already hurting.

"Ruby Jane, wait." I heard her said lowly, which made me froze and stop walking along the hallway. Those were just two simple words, my second name and the word wait, but it made my heart beat erratically. Shit.

I didn't even bother to look at her. But I felt her held my waist and eventually hold my wrist.

WHAT THE FUCK!

Heart, Stop beating so loud!

I tried to get away from her. "Professor, Let go of me—"

"Ruby Jane, I—" she stop and took a deep breath. I stop moving.
"I-Im sorry."

This time I  faced her. Her hand that holding my wrist earlier was no longer holding me. But you can still see arrogance on her. I think it's her nature. tsk.

"Okay." I coldly answered. But to be honest, I'm happy because of that simple sorry. It's the only thing I am waiting. I am not the type of person who holds grudges. Or maybe I just can't stay mad at her. Don't blame me! Blame my stupid heart! and my mind too! 

"Is my apology already accepted?" She said.

"Oh Of course. Who am I to not accept my professor's apology? I am just a student while you are my Professor so I should accept it. I am not that rude." heh.

"Did you really accept my apology, Miss Kim?" Back to Miss Kim again, yeah? Nice. Her eyebrows are now knitted.

I raised my brow. "Of course Professor." I almost rolled my eyes after saying it.

"Then why do you keep on calling me Professor? I thought our endearment is "Love"?"

Fuck! My heart is beating so fast. As a result I also took a deep breath. And it's obvious! What the hell did she just said.

I can feel my face turn in shade of pink. I'm blushing so hard!

I didn't say anything. I want to say something but I can't put it into words! Shit. She's looking at me and she's smirking.

I can't even say anything even if I have a lot of thoughts running through my head. I just rolled my eyes on her and immediately turned my back to her.

"Bye... Love!" She said that while laughing.

I gave her a middle finger and I didn't look at her. She just laugh again.

Bastard!

——————

How are you guys? I hope y'all are fine.