Chapter 6

Jennie's POV

To say that I am excited is understatement. Kidding. Of course being her SA would mean, freedom no more! Psh. My God Jennie, who even told you to do so? You even accepted Chaeng's challenge, stupid me.

I rolled on my bed and pulled my hair with frustration. My phone rang and speaking of.. Chaeyoung is now calling me.

"Hi bitch-" I immediately cut her off, this bitch!

"Shut up Chaeng this is all your fault!" I groaned after saying that, but Chaeyoung just laughed with what I've said.

"C'mon you accepted it in the first place right?"

I narrowed my eyes. "If I only knew what will be the consequences, Then I will never accept your stupid challenge! I'll be her SA for goodness sake."

"Hey, whatever its PROFESSOR LALISA MANOBAN! And you know what.." girly obviously didn't finish what she's saying,  she's teasing me.

"What?!" I angrily said. But to be honest I'm just so curious, is it about lisa? "C'mon tell me now because I'm sleepy as hell!"

"Uhm maybe I'll just spill it tomorrow." I immediately grimaced with what she said.

"THE HELL?!"

"Excited to be her SA huh? Uh you know.." she laughed and she even sounded so flustered. "A lot of girls are applying to be her SA and you're the one who got accepted! Damn, how to be you?" I laughed at her reaction. But heck, is it true?

"And where did you even get that information? She doesn't even acknowledge my existence, Joke's on you." I rolled my eyes at her statement. Lisa is snobby as fuck ya know?

"Sources, girl!  And, there's this model in a magazine who applied to be her SA. Imagine, huh? A model? Of course, she's gorgeous af but she did not accept her."

I played with my pillow before I answered her. "Eh? Maybe because she's not gay! Lol. And she wants a boy!" I reasoned out.

"If that's the case, why did she accept you?" She challenged me. I stilled for a moment, not expecting her question.

Uhh... yeah, why?

"I don't know?! Ask her if you want!" I immediately said and dropped the call without even saying goodbye.

Shit. I don't want to fucking hope for something more! Goodness. It's my game for pete's sake! And hoping for something means losing this game. But what Chaeyoung blurted out,  Confused something on me.

No!

Just no, Jennie. NO EFFIN' WAY. NEVER. EVER.

I quickly scanned my phone and looked for a name who'll distract me from my thoughts. Because if not, I'll surely drown to where my thoughts are going.

Jeon Jungkook...

I smiled and texted him. I smiled even wider when he replied at a span of a few seconds. Through this, I'll surely forget about some things.

Hopefully...

——————

"Miss Kim! The ice bucket, get it!" I almost gasped with what Lisa said. Wow. It was on the northern part of the court I was already walking back and forth!

It's been an hour since she started training her basketball players and if you will look at me I looked like stressed and raising a ten childrens!

"Coach! Let us help Jennie—" Lisa glared at the basketball player with number 7 on her jersey.

"I'm so tired!" I whispered and she look at me as if she's saying that I should get the bucket. There's a player who had a muscle cramps.

I ran to get the ice bucket. The players were looking at me. My sweat is dripping from my forehead, obviously I'm tired. It's just an hour, and yet I'm already stressed.

When I reached them, I slammed the bucket of ice in front of her. But I still smiled. "Here."

She narrowed her eyes then she get an ice and give it to player if I'm not mistaken her name was Jeongyeon. I thought she will the one who'll put the ice because Jeongyeon is crying in pain but no. They're busy practicing. I sighed. I pity her though there's another girl who's pressing her feet.

I approached them and get the ice and put it on her feet, adding a little pressure on it. She look at me, her eyes widened. "Let me, Jennie."

So she knows me? Okay.

"I insist."  I said and focused on putting ice on her leg. She's frankly staring at me. I ignored it.

When I looked at her, I smiled. She looked away. "Does it still hurt?"

"Uhm y-yeah it does." she said. So I massage her lower leg lightly so it wouldn't hurt that much.

But I'm shocked when suddenly someone pulled me away from the girl.

Lisa stopped as if realizing something and turned to her players.

"Our practice is done for today. Sana, help Jeongyeon." her jaw clenched as she said that. She coldly stares at me before we walked outside the court.

My heart seem to stop beating because of her cold stare. She's sweating too, I can see her perfect figure from behind. Her muscles were flexing, specially her biceps while we are walking. and she dragged me outside the court.

All the women looked up to her as we passed by, who wouldn't?

"Wait up, where will you take me? You just keep pulling me love- ah I mean Lisa! I'm still helping Jeongyeon-"

She cut me off. Just wow.

She look at me blankly, "and you also know her name, Huh?"

"OF COURSE! Because I listen, and I'm an observant. You keep on calling them on their names." I answered her. I wanted to roll my eyes at her but I chose not to.

She sarcastically smiled and her eyes look so irritated. "Why? Did you became my student assistant just to memorize the names of my players?"

"What the-, of course not Lisa!"

"Oh sure, Miss Kim. Tell that to the fucking marines!" She answered. Not believing what I am saying.

My forehead creased "what?!" I'm also getting annoyed because of thirst and exhaustion. It's really tiring, and that's all she will say??? "I'm so tired running all day, can't you see?!"

I'm slightly mad, she meet my gaze and irritatedly looked at me.

"What I'm trying to say is,  your role as my student assistant is to help me. I don't need a SA who will flirt to all of my varsity players!" She almost shouted and walked out ahead of me leaving me utterly and speech-fucking-less.

What? 

———————

Hi, how are you? Keep safe and stay at home!