Chapter 48

Jennie's POV

"Unnie, are you really sisters?" My niece curiously   asked Lisa while driving, we rode with her while Sehun's family was in front   of us.

Lisa looked at first then she smiled back at  her "Why'd you ask, cutie?"

I rolled my eyes.

"You look like Unnie Jennie's Girlfriend-"

My eyes widen with what my   niece said. I immediately looked at her. "O-of course not! We are soon   to be siblings, Her Dad and my mom will get married soon. Just...

"don't ever talk about that again..."

That's the truth. A truth we need to accept. A   truth we need to face when we go back there.

Lisa's face remained serious. She didn't say anything.
As much as I want to   protest, I just need t o absorb everything and accept the truth.

But why does   her actions completely opposite with her words?

She always tell to other people that we're only   sisters but when it's just the two of us she treats me like I'm her   Girlfriend.

She's giving me hopes, and because I'm   stupid too. I'm hoping for something.. for us..

I can't help but to feel annoyed with my own   thoughts.

"Ah, yeah unnie iremember, we also received   the invitation card." She's at the backseat of the car.

I immediately felt a pang on my chest when I heard her say that. It's really going to happen.

"Uh, you already opened it?" I didn't open the invitation yet, because I can't. I can't even look at it.

I looked at lisa, who's focused on the road.  She didn't say anything. But I saw her grip on the steering wheel tighten.

"Yes unnie, Grandma is so excited. She said she was excited to meet Auntie's love of her life." My grandma knows what happened to my mother and father's relationship. "OMG! We're here!"

Lisa park the car and my niece already went out, and we are left alone here. Just the two of us.

I immediately opened the car door but Lisa quickly held my other arm, causing me to stop with my tracks.

I didn't look et her, I waited for her to say what she wanted to say.

She took a deep breath first and...

"Don't come near that guy-"

I immediately cut her off and then sarcastically turned my look towards her. "And what's the big deal? I thought you're MY SISTER only?" her face was void of any other emotions as she looked at me. But I can sense her clenching her jaw. She's annoyed. For what reason then?

Tch.           

"Ruby Jane, listen... I..." she opened her   mouth to say something but found none. "I... it's just that..."