59. Serenade

Hello. I hope you all are doing fine. 

I loved writing this chapter a lot. You will know why as you start reading.

I suggest you play these songs while you read certain parts of the chapter. They make you get why this chapter means so much to me.

1. Tum hi ho - Arjit Singh

2. Sanam Re  - Arjit Singh

3. Strong - One Direction

4. If I Could Fly - One Direction

Do listen to them and try to understand the lyrics to understand the moments.

_---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone is shocked to see Sia smiling for the whole day. She used to have the most beautiful smile one could have, she used to show off it every time. But lately, she started hiding it from people. She developed a defense mechanism to safeguard herself from people. She built a huge impenetrable wall around her, that no one dares to even try to enter it. She found some kind of power in it that helped her to stay sane.

But now her Delhi friends have seen her change in behavior. She dressed up like a doll which is one of the many things they never knew. She looked cute in her ocean blue long dress that is exactly the same color as Jay's eyes, simple matching jewelry, matching shoes, like a princess. She is different and beaming energy which is totally new to them.

They saw her get on the bike with Jay the previous night, they thought it is just because she was drunk and had no other choice. But today they saw arrive on her bike with Jay driving it. That girl literally lashed out at everyone who laid a finger on it, and now she is smiling when Jay took over it. They clearly have no idea who Jay is? And what he means to her. She never spoke anything about her past friends and past life with them. When they saw Ved and Jay along with Garry, they thought they were just friends. But that is not it. They definitely have something closer than just friendship. Manav wanted to ask them about it but didn't utter a word.

"Happy birthday baby girl", Ved said again pulling her into a bear hug. She smiled and hugged him back.

"Baby girl?", Manav asked this time.

"Yes, she is our baby girl.", Ved said smiling at his best friend fondly.

"She never liked nicknames. But she is okay with you calling her that? It is confusing.", he expressed his confusion.

"She did have many nicknames. There is a big list what Jay here used to call her. Some are cute, come are cringy but she never said anything about not liking it.", Ved said laughing at the comment and pointing towards Jay. Jay smiled fondly and chuckled. Sia smiled at the memory of being called with nicknames. She misses that a lot.

"That's a new thing for us. She is totally different since yesterday night.", Arpita said completely confused. Sia frowned at that. She doesn't want to talk about why she is different now. She is happy at the moment and she want to live that.

They didn't tell anything but looked at each other awkwardly. Later Manav pulled out a selfie stick which he brought along specially. They all took a lot of photos together. Many group pictures flooded their phones within minutes.

"So, what's the plan now?", Sia asked as they paid for the food and exited the place. They are nearly ten members now, standing out thinking what to do.

"We head towards home for now. And resume a little later. I think she is tired a bit for now.", Jay said looking at Sia and then turned to everyone.