47. Sleepy Ved

SIA POV

"This", he said as my heart stopped beating. Why on earth does he need to pull that out now? Wait. Did he pull it out of the stack?

"What is this? This looks great. Is it your journal?", Jay asked. It is just a shock that he asked about it out of everything I have.

"Kind of. Leave it, Jay. It is all boring. Let's go we are getting late", I rushed him out. That is the journal I started writing after Jay asked me to be his girlfriend. I wrote every feeling in there. I never wanted to show it to anyone, it is just too personal to share. Too personal to even share with the person who it is about.

Now he pulled it out from the stack of books I put at my reading table. Maybe, he just was looking at everything. I just need to calm down. It is just a journal filled with pure feelings.

"Okay. Let's go.", Ved pulled him out of the house. We three went to the carnival by 7. Traffic in Bangalore is worst. It takes hours to travel just a few kilometres.

"Let's get into those rides.", I just can't stop my excitement.

"What are you, 10 years kid?", Ved mocked me.

"Is there a rule that only 10 years kids are allowed to ride?", I questioned him back. No one is stopping me from this little happiness.

"No..", he said.

"Then let's go", I cooed and dragged them along with me.

We rode almost every ride there. Later we ate a lots of junk food from the stalls. Joking around, walking all over the place, enjoying the moment. I'm not that much of a people's person, but after what I went through or still going through, I don't mind surrounded by people for few hours. Actually, this is what I need. A little time out of tensions, worries, problems, pain.

Later we went to the stadium. Dancing like crazy to the DJ along with hundred others. Loud, ear blocking screams blew the place. We enjoyed a lot. At least I enjoyed a lot.

"Shall we go? Its too late now. Almost 12 midnight.", Jay screamed amidst the noises.

"Okay", I and Ved screamed. Later we booked a cab and came home by 1 A.M.

"Crash down here guys. We have got enough space. You can get back to yours in the morning.", I suggested them as we came back to my apartment.

"Yeah, I am exhausted to go there now anyways.", Ved said as he jumped on the couch.

"Idiot. Pull off those shoes at least.", I scolded him and walked to my room.

"Here have these blankets. It's cold outside.", I said giving them pillows and blankets and fell upon my bed. Sleeping after an exhausting day feels like heaven. Hearing Jay and Ved fighting for places in the living room, I just slept not caring about anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up with the sunlight creeping inside from the window curtains. I suddenly feel more lighter than I felt in the last three months. I actually slept good yesterday. Walking sleepily, I entered the living room to see Jay and Ved still sleeping in difficult positions. I couldn't stop chuckling as its really comical how they both are in there. I won't be surprised if they complain that their neck is aching after they wake up.

I just made a light breakfast and tried waking the idiots. It is one hell of a job just making them wake up.

"Rise and Shine sleepy heads. It's already clear sunny morning.", I pushed them out of the couch as a last attempt. If they are still sleeping, I am going to pour a bucket of water.

"What the hell. Sia? Can't you see? I am sleeping.", Ved screamed.

"Well, you can if you don't have any work in your office.", I said as a matter of fact.

"Oh no. There is a lot of work there. Ahhh, why does a weekend go so fast? I have to wait for five long days for it again", he pouted like a kid.

"Wakeup Jay", I called laughing at Ved.

"This is too much. You literally pushed me off the couch and calling him slowly now.", he accused me.

"Can't help.", I said and walked back to the kitchen.

After nearly ten minutes, Ved and Jay decided to go back to their house. I offered them breakfast which they easily accepted. It was mostly silent through the breakfast. They left almost immediately.

I pulled out my laptop and started working. Nearly after two hours I gave a break to the work and watch TV for few minutes.

Looking for the remote, I searched almost all the house until I find it beside my table. My journal lying there. It is not in the stack of books, like it used to be.

'Did someone pull this? But there is no one except me, Jay and Ved here.', I thought as I remembered Jay pulling that out yesterday.

But I also remember hiding it again. Did he take that again? I don't think so. I am here, and I didn't see him taking it out. Then who brought this out all of a sudden.

As my thoughts go wondering about it, it strikes me that 'what if he took that out after I fell asleep in my room?' to which I answered myself that he was almost sleepy by the time we are back. I heard a few bickering between Ved and him for place but nothing else. At least not what I remember.

There is no harm reading that but I don't want someone to read it. It is too personal. Too many emotions, few sad, few happy, few missing, few exciting, but all about Jay.

What happens if Jay reads that? I don't know. I don't know if he read or not, but if he read that, then there may be a problem. How big of a problem, I can't imagine. But there will be.

I wish he didn't read that. Maybe I forgot putting it back. Or maybe I imagined putting it back when I actually didn't. That's it. That is the only explanation I have that I want to be true. But is it?