25 : College

Sia POV

"Make it fast girl, we are already late by ten minutes " Vedika screamed at the height of her pitch making me run clumsily all around my room. It has been three months since the school has ended. Everyone took their own streams and it is me and Vedika got admission in the same college luckily. 

We tried living in the hostel for a hell worst week and the warden is no less than a demon. Tired of trying anymore, we searched the whole locality to find a decent place for two. Feeling happy about the hard work we did, we shifted to our new home only a week ago. We packed things lightly as we have got classes that needed to be attended regularly. And today, even being a weekend, we have got to attend a two-hour boring lecture by the most strict professor of the whole college.

"I'm done now. Chalo rush out now. I can't afford being thrown out of the class today", we ran to the nearest bus stand and boarded the bus which is thankfully on time for the first time.

----------------------------------------------

Jay POV

"Hello Jay...", again the same dramatically sweet voice. 

Arghhhh!  There came the drama queen. This girl has become the death of me from a month. She is a cute, bubbly, innocent looking girl. I remember her giggling along with her mother on the road that day at the nearby ice cream shop. 

"Mommy... I want that colourful icecream", she said pointing the one with her index finger.

"No Sweety. You are eating a lot of them now. See you tooth has already got damaged. If you eat them more, that dentist uncle whom we met last time will pull that little tooth out from your mouth.", her mother said to that girl. 

"No mommy, I don't like that dentist uncle. He will pull my tooth.", she said frightened of the imagination of her tooth being pulled out by the dentist. It is then I saw this cute devil for the first time. I just went upto her and gave her a chocolate which she didnt take and looked at her mother for seeking permission to take it. Her mother smiled at me and signalled her to take that which she took happily giggling.

Wondering how that women allowed that girl to take the chocolate from me. Hah, that is where I am coming to. She is our neighbour. When I and Ved moved here for our studies in this city of Bangalore, she helped us to set our house and with food. 

Ved and I moved to Bangalore for our further studies while Sia and Vedika moved to Vizag. One happy thing is though we four were parted, we are somewhat happy that atleast two of us are at the same place. Ved and Vedika being twins were never apart and now they had a very hard time parting. Ved and had similar interests and we planned moving here when we are still at school. Vedika cried like a baby when Ved and I has to come here. Sia managed to console her and asked her to come with her to Vizag. Vedika accepted and they both moved to Vizag the same week we moved here.

"Come fast. I am getting late to my school.", I was snapped out by this cute little devil. Her school is the same way to our college and so I asked her mother that we would drop her and pick her up everyday from school.

"Wait girl, I am all ready. I was waiting for you to come and it was you who is late.", I rolled my eyes picking up my bag and led her to the bike. 

"Where is Ved bhai? ", she asked looking for him. 

"He left already. And I was waiting for you to drop and go to my college."I said picking her up and making her sit before me starting the bike.

--------------------------------------------------------

"How are you beautiful.", came the calm, soothing voice. I recognised it immediately. Remember I said that I got used to this voice already. It is the same voice that taunted me, supported me all the previous year. 

"Sia...", that man called again. It has been a month since I had heard his voice last time. 

"How is the college?" he asked looking into my eyes and caressing my head. I just nodded as a response.

"You know I missed you a lot.", he said sincerely looking into my eyes.

"Then why don't you come and stay with me. Why don't you show me who you are?", I said out of irritation. It is really frustrating  to have our dreams invaded by a known stranger.  Known stranger that is what that man has become now. 

"I wish I could do that. But now is not the right time Sia. I will definitely reveal my self when the time comes.", his voice sad. 

"Take care dear. I may not be able to appear physically but I will be your mental strenghth at all times. Just don't forget that.", he said and slowly disappered into his world.

Is he for real? I can't understand whether this man really exists or not. If he exists, hen how can I see him in my every dream. If he is just an imagination, then whom am I imagining. Who is he? I am already wide awake with these thoughts. I looked through the window to watch the beautiful sunrise and the sunrays falling into the room.

I woke up and made myself a tasty coffee and walked to the balcony. These sunrays have beome my daily alarms. Never have I ever imagined that I would wake up this early in the my life. But coming here has changed me. 

My phone which is sitting silently started ringing breaking my thoughts. It was Jay.

"Hello bestie... Good morning", he wished cheerfully.

"Good morning bestie.", I chuckled at his craziness. I miss him. Everyday. Last year has been the perfect one with him, Ved and Vedika. And now as we are away we miss each other a lot.

"Is is a ritual for us to call each other bestie?", I asked sipping my coffee and enjoying its taste.

"Not necessarily.", he said. I could listen him chuckling.

"So tell me what made you call me this early in the morning"

"Yeah, Ved and I are going home next weekend. Can you and Vedika also come along so we can have a weekend together? ", he said hurriedly.

"Decide and text me. I have got to bring few veggies for cooking now and I am busy. Bye. Take care.", he said and cut the call.

 It has been almost one and half month meeting him and Ved. I have to speak to Vedika about this. But this work which we bagged for being late yesterday has to be completed before that. I don't know whether we could manage to complete it before next week. This college is too different from school. I wish I am back at school with all my friends and family together. 

_----------------------------------------------------

Heyy Lovelies. How is this new side in the story.

Jay and Sia moved to two different places for thier studies and yet they are still close together. Do you think that their friendship gets changed due to the distance?

Let me know what you think by sharing your views below.

Would you drop your valuable vote down there? Thanks for supporting. 

Love 💚

Arti