2 : Kathy

Hello people... Thanks for the support...
I really appreciate your effort in reading my story...
Hope you find this chapter interesting...
Happy reading☺️
-----------------------------

Friends are the only people with whom we can share everything. In many cases , they are the (only) ones who understand us. Have you ever got a friend that always stayed with you??

It was my birthday. Me , being an introvert.. never liked grand birthday celebrations. I went to my school as usual and there was nothing new for which I felt very happy. Attention is the thing that I never liked.

Our school has a tradition of wishing kids on their birthdays infront of their classmates and sometimes in front of the whole school. Many kids liked and enjoyed this but for me, It's uncomfortable. I used to make plans to skip school for that day. I must say that none of my plan worked out and I always ended up standing infront of my class while everyone were wishing me.

This time the same happened. But the strange thing is , on this birthday along with gifts which I usually get from my parents and few classmates, I also got a new friend.

Kathy...We were on the same class. I never knew that she noticed me, the silent girl of the class. I never expected her to come and talk with me. And this is what happened.She came and started being friends with me. Though I usually hate new company, I found this new friend of mine so welcoming and our friendship grew.

Kathy was a very charming girl. She had many friends, not only from our class, but from the whole school. She was a kind of popular and yet she wanted me to be on her side. I always used to be happy with her on my side.
----------------

"Hey Sia, happy birthday!!" Kathy wished when I was about to leave the classroom at the lunch. I don't know why she is really talking to me.

"Thanks a lot Katharine." I smiled.

"Had your lunch? Come let's go to the cafeteria and have something." she said not even considering my opinion and dragged me to the cafetaria.
We ordered our lunch and started eating in silence...

"I thought of having a conversation with you. You know your friend Deb is a friend of mine. She used to talk about you." She said.

"Oh!!Deb is crazy. She talks a lot."

"Yeah.. actually I thought of asking about what happened between you two... I thought you were very good friends and all of a sudden she stopped talking about you. What happened Sia?" she asked while eating.

" Oh ,That is nothing. We had a fight and she was angry on me. She said she didn't want to talk to me anymore."

" I'm so sorry." Kathy said feeling sorry.
I didn't understand why she is sorry for something that has nothing to do with her.

" It's okay. It has nothing to do with you. Don't be sorry."

" Okay. Let's hang out at my house today after school. What do you say? " Kathy asked so casually as we were friends from a long time. I was lost of words. I don't understand what to say. It's embarrassing when a person whom you don't know asks you out.

I was awestruck for few seconds. I have no reasons to say no except that we are not friends. I was lost in these thoughts and suddenly someone started calling my name loud.

"Sia!!!! "

I was back to my senses and realized that Katharine was calling me from almost about 2 minutes.

" Katharine...We are just talking now. I never knew anything about you before and you too never knew me. We are not even friends , so ...." I was cut in the middle of my long talk about this by her. " What? We were not friends ? I thought we were already friends. Don't you want to be friends with me ? " she asked and I smiled. Sometimes words are not needed to communicate. A small smile does the magic.

We had the same classes at school. She became a part of my life, my family. Even my parents liked her for her kindness. Kathy is generous and she is like a tomboy. She used to drive a bike with such passion. She liked adventures. She is a rebel.

People start showing their real colors at some part of the life. I never thought that I too will have such an experience.
It's our school trip to the nearby village.

Everyone is busy in the classroom. I was just waiting for Kathy. She is always late to the class , specifically the first one. I was just cursing her for being late. This is not the first time she was late and I know it wouldn't be the last one too. Everytime she was late, she was either sent out of the class or was given a detention.

" How many times should I warn you not to be late. Why don't you listen to my words Kathy... I can't see you having detention all the time. " I almost shouted at her when she entered the class casually. For the greatest surprise she is inside the class before the lecturer has come. "This is going to be the 8th wonder ." I thought.

Mr. Wilson has entered the class. He is our maths lecturer. He teaches good and he is our class teacher. I loved maths since my childhood and Kathy. she hates maths. Somehow the class came to an end.

"So class.. you are supposed to get the homework done by our next class. And I have a surprise for you all now. Next week we are going to have a tour to the village nearby. Everyone must bring a signed copy of acceptance from your parents or guardian within 3 days." , he announced and left the class. The class became noisy , everyone started planning, discussing about the trip. I was staring through the empty window.

How can a dream come true??

----------------------

Did Sia had a dream about the trip?
What is going to happen??

Hello people
Have you got any best friends?
Everyone has a best friend of ofcourse

How is this chapter?
Comment about it . I would love to read them.

Don't forget to vote.😀
Keep supporting😉
Stay tuned
Keep smiling. Have a good day☺️