40. Pissed off

When people say that waiting is literal hell, I never gave it much a thought. Atleast not till now. It kills sometimes. And also provokes to kill too.

4 AM and I am still widely awake worrying about two idiots who happened to be my best friends.

What must have happened? I don't know. None of them is taking my calls or replying my messages. Horrible thoughts are the first that bombard my mind. It's quite natural, I think, that our minds make us imagine the worst scenarios at these times.

I can only hear the clock ticking second by second. Silence is killing me. And staying alone is a very bad idea. It is scaring the shit out me right now.

All I wanted to know is something. May be worse or whatever. I want to know. Who the hell said ignorance is bliss. No. It's not bliss. It is a curse.

4.30 AM. Situation getting worse from minute to minute. Time is just ticking hours. I don't know what to do. My hands are shaking like anything. The only change now is that along with the clock, I can hear my heart beating out of its shell. Faster than normal.

5.00 AM. Over. Everything I got together the last few hours keeping me sane is exhausted. I can not take this anymore. Tears are breaking from my eyes. And I'm here sitting inside my home doing nothing. I don't know what to do. Should I just travel to Bangalore? What should I do travelling there? Where should I search for them? Are they at home? At the shit party? A bar? Police station? Or worse a hospital? I don't know.

6.00 AM. I am crying from about an half an hour. I think I called about 300 times by now and dropped about 500 messages in all apps for them. No response. I am drained of energy. I am losing my focus. I stayed strong till now, but I can't do this anymore. Sun rays are sliding from the curtains. They used to refresh me everytime, but now they are notifying the lost time I spent worrying.

I called again. This time they lifted the call. I think all my prayers are finally heard. I don't care what news I have to listen now. All I cared is that the call got answered.

"Hello... Ved?", I spoke sobbing.

"Sia. Why are you calling this early in the morning." , he said. His voice sleepy. Mostly like just woke up.

"Why are you not lifting the calls?"  I asked. This time I am more desperate to listen the reason.

"Cause I am sleeping. Duh", he said so casually. That's all. Hell broke. I don't know what to say.

"Sleeping. Seriously. That's the reason you didn't lift the call? I'm here worrying like anything all the night. You guys both are drunk. And you are asking me why I am calling you this early? For gods sake I didn't even blinked my eyes in the last five hours Ved." , I screamed. This is the end of me. Or them.

"Why are you staying up all night. Sia? Why are you worried?", this time his voice is little sober and slow. Like he is now really concerned.

"Cause I asked Jay to notify me after you guys get home. You are drunk and I wanted to know that you reached safe. But none of you messaged or called me let alone didn't even lift the hundred missed calls", I cried. Out of relief. They are safe. Nothing shit happened. Relief washed all over me. The tension I managed to hold finally broke.

"Sorry Sia. Actually we didn't reach the home. Yet. We are still in the car. We dozed off here itself. And the phones were in silent to get your calls. I'm so sorry. Please don't cry." he pleaded.

I don't even know what to tell now. They slept in the car. That's hilarious if happened in a different way. I just cut the call. I am disappointed. I care for them and they just forget things.

I got up to wash my already swollen red face. If you cry for two hours straight along with worrying for five hours, you get to see yourself like that too.

I walked to my washroom, washed my face. My eyes are burning. They are red. My face looked so weak and dull. Deprieved of sleep. My hair like a crazy witch. I looked at the time. It's almost 6.45 AM. The time I wake up everyday. I felt so weak. Like a sapling. No energy. I managed to walk till I reach my bed and just crashed.

By the time I woke up it's already 11.30. I felt a little better than in the morning. Still weak. I poured myself a cup of juice. Does anyone drink juice first thing after they wake up? I don't know. All i could find that needs no cooking in the fridge is juice now.

I bathed. The shower washing away the worry. My heart beating normal again. And I'm just pissed right now. At Jay and Ved. Im not going to call them or message them or anything.

Dressing myself in the comfy tshirt and shorts, I settled down in the couch. I am hungry but I have no interest in cooking. I will just order a take away. I pulled my laptop and checked for any deadlines nearby. Everything is sorted out. I need not worry about that now. I have got nothing inside me today to work. I justed wanted to rest like a lazy panda stuffing on food and cinema. Sometimes that helps. Mainly when we are alone and angry.

1.00 PM. I just received a call from Ved. I ignored him. He needs to learn a lesson. I can stay ignorant now that they are okay. right?

I started watching one of the cult classic Sakhi in my laptop. I just love this film.

3.00PM. There were a number of messages ringing on my mobile which I ignored coolly. I have no mood of attending them. Mostly because I know they will be from Jay or Ved or both telling how sorry they are. I am in no mood to listen to their sorries now. I just want to enjoy the movie.

My phone ringed again and I neatly ignored again. It is starting to piss me off again. The constant disturbance. May be i should shut it to silent mode or switch it off for a few hours.

The movie is going so emotional. There is this tension in there and even after the hundredth time I watch this, I feel the same.
Again, my phone rang. This time not Ved or not Jay. But Veds.

Maybe they are asking her to comply me into lifting their calls. I'm not that idiot. They need to learn the lesson. I can be stubborn when I wanted to too. I ignored her call too.

15 minutes later, this time she is just making a Skype call. Literally disturbing the climax. Can't they understand that ignoring means ignoring. Afer what they have done. Anyways my movie got halted and I answered her this time completely pissed off. May be I'll shout at her if it is about them. Not today.

"What is it Veds? Better be something important that you are already messing with my movietime alone.", I said immediately as I saw her face.

The only thing I failed to notice here, is her worried expression.

"What happened Vedika? First fight with husband? Want me to kick him? ", I asked her. This time concerned about the matter.

"No. No Sia" , her eyes are swollen just like mine in the morning. She is crying? Did Manyu said something that hurt her? Why us this day so bad.

"What happened? Why are you crying?" , I asked. And she broke into fresh tears. "You are worrying me" I said.

And the words she said later just made me fall in the couch. In shock.