37. Always

SIA POV

"Wake up sleepy head...", my mother shouted from my kitchen. Last night after the music competition, my mom and dad stayed back at our house.

"Good morning mom", I said entering the kitchen still in my pajamas. I grabbed an apple from the fridge and sat with her. She looked so happy than any other day. "What's the matter, mom? You look so happy today.", I asked.

"I'm always happy sweetie", she chuckled. "Yes, but today you are so different", I am not going to leave until I know the matter completely.

"Hah, yes. Because my daughter won the competition and now, she is in love", she teased. I have nothing to say about this. I just smiled at her.

"Jay called", she said, I looked expectantly at her for the next words "and said that he would meet you at your college in the afternoon".

"He did? Why did he call you, he would have called me", I asked being totally confused.

"Because you being all sleepy, he called the landline. He also said that you are not responding on yours.", she said gesturing towards the telephone in the living room. I have this habit of putting my phone on silent most of the time. I don't even remember that sometimes.

"Oh, Okay. I am going to have a shower", I said to her and left for my room. I checked my phone for Jay's calls and there they are. 3 missed calls. Each at a fifteen-minute interval. And there is a message that reads 'Will meet you in the afternoon. Good Morning Love💖💕'

The simple little thought of meeting Jay is making me feel all butterflies in my belly. What are you doing to me, Jay?

Nearly after half an hour, I'm back in the living room. It is already occupied with dad, mom, and Vedika. "Come, let's have breakfast", mom offered.

"We are heading back home in an hour sweetie", she said. All of a sudden, I am sad. I miss them a lot. Thanks to Vedika, I can't even imagine how I would even survive without her. She makes me feel like we are at home. Like the saying, Friends are family.

"You can stay for two more days na maa!!", I whined.

"We wish we could. But Girish is having matches in the coming week. He needs us to be there. Also, there is a lot of work staying unattended.", she said.

"Okay.", I said and had my breakfast without any word.

"I will miss you both", I said while hugging them goodbye as they left.

I have no interest in going to college today. I called Jay to inform him that I won't be going to college. He said that he would come home to see me in the afternoon. Vedika insisted that she would stay if I want, but I asked her to attend the classes.

I looked at the silent room, the clock was ticking seconds and that is the only noise heard. I sighed and took Five Feet Apart that sat at the bedside and started reading it again.

Hours passed without notice and it's already 12 in noon. The doorbell rang telling that Jay is here. I literally ran towards the door pulling it open. There he stood, my Jay. It sounded oddly good to say my Jay.

"Hello", he gave one of his award-winning smiles that could literally make my knees go jelly.

"Hello", I said moving aside so he can enter the home. He walked in like he owns the place and I chuckled at that gesture.

"So, what are you doing?", he asked as he settled on the couch. He then gestured me to sit beside him. I happily accepted the offer.

"Nothing much. Just re-reading the same book.", I said.