28:Mom's know everything

"You?" screamed we as soon as we saw a pair of shock filled eyes looking at us. He was so transfixed looking at me that he didn't take his eyes off me. It is really creepy when someone stares at us more than they usually do.

Only after few seconds he returned from his own la la land and observed everyone of us surrounding him. "What are you doing here Jay?" ,asked Vedanth.

"Ohh that..I got to know that everyone of you are heading to temple. So I thought of accompanying you.", he said.

"Kids!!! Enough of your never ending talks. Lets get started. We have to be early to the temple. Prayers must be done with pure heart and soul. Not with hungry stomachs.",said my mom and Vasudha aunty in union.

"We are not kids anymore mom.. we go to college and live our lives all by ourselves." I said to my mom.

"You will always be my kid.",she said kissing me. Afterwards we all started to the temple. We offered our prayers to Lord Ram whom I have been praying since my childhood. Goddess Sita and Lord Ram have been ideal personalities despite of the hardships they faced.

We spent devotional time at the temple and returned home by afternoon.

-------------------------------

Jay POV

Today it is confirmed. Yes, I like her. I like Sia. I can't get her out of my mind. And now after seeing her in that attire, her picture got printed so deep in my heart that it can never fade off.

From the day I saw her near the waterfalls, I felt something for her. That small bike accident, she singing along with me at school. The surprise gift on friendship day, we becoming friends. Our deep connection, that tour to the village, her accident, her confession about the past, the music competition, small pranks, lots of crazy moments and what not. Everything I did, I kept on declining the thought that I like her. I thought that I was feeling that way only because I care for her a lot. But no, one can't feel like this for a friend. We are more than just best friends.

I want her to feel the same about me. The same feeling of butterflies in stomach that I feel when I see her. The same kind of feel to stay with her all the time without no reason.  
The weird smiles I give myself whenever I think about her that is all throughout the day. That strange but sweet like towards her.

My train of thoughts were stopped by hearing a knock on my room. After coming from her house in the afternoon i headed straight to my room and locked it from inside. I actually thought of having an afternoon nap for an hour but no, Sia stole everything including my sleep. I smiled again like an idiot and went to the door. My mom was there with my favourite mangoes with salt and chilli.

"I think you had a great sleep Jay" , my mom asked with a mysterious smile on her face.

"Yes" , I said and smiled at her.

"But why do I feel like you are lying.", she said walking to my bed and patted next to her asking me to sit beside her. And I being an obedient sweet son did as she wants.

"You like her don't you?",she asked making hair stand still on my body.

"Me?? Like?? Whom??", I stumbled.

"That girl whom you can't get out of your mind.", she said.

"No there is no one like that. I don't like Sia. It's just that..", I stopped.

"Sia she is then. I didn't even take her name. You said that yourself." ,she laughed.

Moms. Nothing goes unnoticed from their vision. There must be some super powers only moms possess that tells them what their children were going through or feeling for.

"Mmm.. Yes maa. I like her.", I said placing my head in her lap.

"Good. I know you like her. Why don't you tell her that?", she asked while caressing my hair.

"What? I just realized that I do and you are asking to rush up the matter. No mom. Let us be the way we are. Atleast for few days. I need to know that this is true and not just a mere attraction. I'll see how to tell her then." , I said to her.

"Don't make it too late that you regret Jay. I want you to be happy. And if it lies in keeping quiet now, let it be. And you know that I am always there for you,right?", she said.

"Ha maa.. I know. You are my super cool mom. And..."

"Ha I know that. I won't tell anyone. Your secret is safe with me.",she said leaving me smile at her while she left the room.

After this not so short discussion with mom, I thought of sleeping for sometime. As soon as I settle on the bed, sweet lullaby started at the background that took me to the dreamland.

–----------------------------
Short chapter but has something that is much important for the coming ones...

Do follow and vote the chapters. That really gives me motivation to write the next one as fast as I can.

Do bear with me..There is going to be a surprise/shock in the next chapter. Stay tuned.

Do let me know your feeling and thoughts down in the comments. I look forward to know how you think about the story.

Don't forget to star🌟🌟🌟

Love
Arti💖