C~70: Mask Is Slipping

Eve leans against the wall catching her breath. "That was the most fun I've had all week."

Maria chuckles, "I told you dancing is fun!"

"Yeah, but it takes a toll," states Eve pushing off the wall and picking up an apple. Taking a bite, she moans in pleasure, "God, that's the first piece of real food I've eaten in so long." she praises. But still not entirely satisfied, she puts a hand to her stomach looking at the glasses of blood most immortal guests were holding.

Seeing this look, Maria takes one glass for herself and hands the other to Eve. "It's just one glass."

"I swore off human blood Maria, I'd be breaking a vow." Eve begins as the two mindlessly walk around "You need it. Now drink." Maria enforces, pushing the glass closer; Eve grips it looking down at the red liquid.

Mouthwatering.

Stomach begging.

"...I can't...I would never forgive myself." she says, setting the glass down on a table much to her stomach's disappointment. Looking around the world through Eve did notice that not a single guard had eyes trained on her.

You would think you would want to keep an eye on someone who spent the previous night trying to escape multiple times "Does anyone else know what we're wearing besides Jane?" she asks, Maria, shakes her head "Jane was the only one who saw us without are mask."

Eve throws her arms out "Then let's just leave!"

"We can't, it's too early leaving now will cause suspicion, when the final dance takes place we can take a chance to leave."

"Final dance?"

"All the lights are dimmed, and the room is mostly illuminated by night...you really think we could just walk out the front door."

"I mean, what's really stopping us?"

Maria seems to accept this, taking Eve's hand, "Nothing."

*******************************************************************

"Split up, he said, it was a good plan he said," mumbles Skye as she walks around by herself. She didn't even know what she was supposed to be looking for. Pulling down the tight dress once more, she lets out a groan.

"Elegant my ass-"

"Sweetheart, your headdress is on wrong." says a voice; Skye stands straight, turning around to see a woman with blond hair standing with most likely her date. The woman motions for Skye to take off the headpiece from her hair "My name is Rosalie, and this is Emmett, my sister's from the 1920s and fixes it for me when I get it wrong." she says taking the headdress and placing it, so it wraps around her forehead and hair "Perfect."

Skye smiles at this kindness, "Rad, thank you."

Emmett chuckles, "Never seen a 1920's immortal say rad, you must be very accustomed to modern-day society."

"Yes and especially at the age it looks like you were turned." finishes Rosalie, Skye's eyes widen forgetting her role as a girl from the 1920's "Oh right, you know if it wasn't for my Sheik I would be in a Chicago Overcoat," she says.

The two look at each and then back to Skye, who clears her throat and moves on. Emmett stares where she stood, "Has Alice ever talked like that?"

"No...Alice!" calls Rose, turning her and Emmett walk back to meet up with the group "Hey, have you ever said Chicago Overcoat or Sheik?"

Alice smiles, "When I was living? Why?"

Emmett laughs, jabbing his thumb back. "We just meet the oddest girl wearing her headdress wrong, modern girl then two seconds later talk 1920's slang," he explains. Edward smirks. "That sounds weird."

"Yeah, do you know where she went?" asks Bella; Rose turns back, scanning the crowd. "Um, she was wearing a gold flapper dress, looked about fifteen, black hair that faded into purple and blue streaks." She list.

Looking up, Alice takes notice, "Did her nail also happen, rainbow-colored?"

Thinking back, Emmett nods, "Yeah, actually. Strange for a vampire from the 1920s."

"That's not it! That sounds exactly like the girl I saw from my vision, who sat with Major and Whitman!"

Everyone sends each other a look at this. "Well, if she is that girl, what is she doing here?" asks Esme. Carlisle steps forward, "If she does know what happened to the boys, we have to find her."

"We'll keep an eye out for Eve," states Alec.

*******************************************************************

Skye rushes back, overtaking Whitman's hand, "Found you."

"About time, next dance is starting. Seth?" asks Major, not meeting his eyes, Seth slightly smiles and looks to Whitman who nods. Seth takes Major's hand, the two pulling each other to the floor, Seth being taller puts his hands on Major's waist, and Major has no problem getting the hint of putting his hands on Seth's shoulders.

Beginning to step in time, Skye smiles at the two looking at Whitman, "Wanna dance?"

Whitman smiles, "Me?"

"Who else?" she asks, pulling him to the edge of the dance floor putting her hands on his shoulders, and he tentatively places his around her waist. "We look out of place," says Skye, Whitman shrugs. "Why? Because you look like a 1920s girl, and I look like I'm from 1600."

"Age is not discriminating...at least in this case." she finishes, and Whitman lifts her up spinning her around smoothly, his eyes flicker to her lips making Skye roll her eyes "If you want to kiss me again just do it before I do," she says pecking his lips making Whitman blush.

Skye laughs "Keep a lookout for your mom-"

"Hey!"

Whitman and Skye stop dancing, turning around to face the masks of Rosalie and Emmett. "Oh, hi again." smiles Emmett, Whitman squints his eyes, trying to figure out the similar faces under the mask and tugs on Skye's arm.

"Hi...again, if you excuse me, we have to get going," says Skye beginning to move off with Whitman. "No!" states Rose. The two stop, Whitman doesn't turn back "Do you happen to know anyone named Whitman or Major?"

Trying to maintain her face Skye answers "I don't know who-"

"Skye! Skye!" shouts Seth rushing over; he pants, making the two look at the staircase "Newborns." he exclaims, and his claims were valid. "The same we saw in the other room," states Whitman.

Newborns walking down the staircase, at least Newborns born from humans who weren't just killed "For a fight to come." repeats Skye. Major rushes over, pushing Whitman in the shoulder "Hey! Hey! If we're finding mom, we are doing it noooow...hello party goers, how's it hanging." he draws, noticing Rosalie and Emmett were still there.

The two were more or less stunned. "Major?" asks Emmett.

"Scatter," whisper Major, the four split up rushing off in pairs. Rosalie begins to move until feeling a hand on her shoulder. "Rose, what is it?" asks Bella. Edward stood back with Esme and Jasper, "Major...and Whitman?"

Jasper looks up and walks over to Rose. "Where are they?"

"They ran off."

"Are we sure that was them?" asks Esme.

"I know Major...that was him!" states Emmett, and then he points to the staircase "Another guy ran up and started talking about those Newborns."

Jasper shakes his head "We can worry about that later, we have to find-"

"Greeting all!!! And welcome to the Blood Moon Waltz..."