C~54: The Volturi, A Second Meeting

The many times I've survived things not humanly possible, I always thought it was the end of it.

But as a family, we've pulled through everything, and as I stand here, in the clearing, I can only hope and believe we will once again. As we walk, I head over to Warren, "Hey."

"Hey, you okay?" he asks, I nod, "Warren, I may be the Lunar Guardian, but you have to be Allies with Hayden," I state. Warren chuckles "But the rules state-"

"Fuck the rules, he's your Allie. I know it, plus Jasper won't let anything happen to me," I claim, moving away. Once reaching the massive, snow-covered field, each of us stood in pods more or less. Warren and Hayden stood with each other, for example.

Jasper stood with me and next to us, Bella, Edward, Jacob, and Renesmee.

Jacob nudges my side, and I smile at him, "I'm okay...to an extent." I mumble, Jasper secures an arm around my waist as our chatter goes quite. The sounds of rushing snow was faint, but it made it all more real to know it was there.

Suddenly Aro and his army become visible, and it's clear that they outnumber the whole litter of us all. Aro's eyes search us as they walk forward. "Aro's looking for Alice," states Edward. As Aro and his army get closer, Sam's pack comes out to join us.

At least they were here, the army stops facing us.

No one moved.

No one made a sound.

Till Carlisle moved forward, "Aro, Let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner."

"Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us." points out Aro, his voice I almost forgot, that airy feel, like a feather, makes you want to disappear.

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken."

"We see the child. Do not treat us as fools," growls Caius.

"She is not an immortal! These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look. See the flush of human Blood in her cheeks." claims Carlisle.

"Artifice!"

Aro turns to Caius putting a finger up. "I will collect every facet of the truth. But from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume you are involved."

Looking at Edward, he's hesitant before making his way towards Aro, who takes Edwards extended his hand upon arrival, Aro uses his power to read his thoughts and the face makes it clear to show. He looks out in wonder, "I'd like to meet her."

Of course, Bella, Renesmee, and Jacob begin walking before turning back. Rosalie holds onto Emmett's arm as he walks over; if something went wrong, Emmett was the strongest of us. Aro grins at the sight of vampire Bella. "Ah. Young Bella. Immortality becomes you."

He looks to Renesmee, smiles, and then shrieks with laughter, pointing, "I hear her strange heart!" he coos kneeling and holding out a hand. Renesmee walks closer and reaches up to his cheek, I smile at her trick.

Please, I beg and plead for Renesmee and for my child as well.

"Magnifico!!!!" shouts Aro pulling away, causing me to jump; Jasper's hold tightens, reassuring me, "Half mortal, half immortal. Conceived and carried by this newborn while she was still human." states Aro.

Bella quickly rushes everyone back over to our side, nodding to me, Aro believed.

"Impossible!" shouts Caius, his anger rising behind the words. Aro turns to him, "Do you think they fooled me, brother?"