C~2: First Day In Hell

I woke up feeling rejuvenated.

Did what any normal teen would, eat, shower, get dressed and Jacob walked me outside. I held my guitar case in one hand and had my pack over my shoulder. Jacob walks me over to the truck but not before walking past motorcycles.

"You have motorcycles?"

"I'm working on them. So just to tell you now you can't ride off on one." says Jacob as we get in the truck. I shrug "Just make sure to tell me when you're done."

"Not a chance," he states. I groan and look out the window and the trees pass and soon cabins and houses came into view all the up to a clearing, a big building resided with the words Forks high school home of the Spartans.

I could feel most eyes on the truck as Jacob came to a stop "You got everything? Class list? Supplies? Phone?-"

"Jacob." I start cutting him off, I hold a finger to my lips before opening the door and stepping out. Jacob rolls down the window "Pick you up after school?" he asks. I turn to him with a smirk shrugging "Maybe?"

He blinks a couple of times before driving off leaving me to the mercy of the wolves. I put my earbuds in and with my head held high stride up the stairs and into school. I could feel everyone's eyes on me, either my hair or my birthmark.

The other new girl must be happy, I've come to cover the excitement of her arrival.

I look at my class list and then walk up the stairs, scanning the numbers above the rooms. I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around to see a boy with greasy black hair, brown eyes, and poor complexion. He was also a bit taller than me, but if he was trying to be intimidating nothing was working.

He smiles "I'm Eric. The eyes and ears of this place. Anything you need. Tour guide, lunch date, shoulder to cry on-"

"How long have you been rehearsing that line?" I ask making him come to a stop, he nods slowly "Okay then, you're quick to the point. So new girl-"

"Evangeline, don't call me by the full name, Eva, Eve, or E is fine," I say not wanting to have a whole conversation about it. He looks down at my guitar case and smiles "Um do you pl-"

"Mr. Varner's class? You know where it is?" 

He points to the door across the hall. I nod my thanks and start walking "Wanna sit with us at lunch?" he asks, I turn back and shrug "Why not." I state, might as well get to know some people if I'm going to stay for a while.

My first couple of classes passed having the most boring feeling. Stand up, say your name, and shut up the rest of the time. After my last class before lunch, Eric came to get me. Walking into the cafeteria I could feel the burning stares in the back of my head.

Eric leads me over to a table, there sat two other boys and three girls. One of them, the one with straight brown hair and that popular girl personality, holds out a hand "Hey I'm Jessica, this is Angela, Bella, Mike, and Hayden!"

I shake it quickly and sit down putting my case on the floor. Hayden looked to me, he had black hair but a pale face and grey eyes "You play?"

"Why do people keep asking that, would I have it if I didn't?"

"No, it's sick. Guitar right? I play bass, my friend Peter plays drums. We should rock out to together sometime."

"Pass." I finish. Angela smiles at me "Wow two new students in one week, you both are the talk of the school!" she exclaims, so then the girl next to me poking at her food was Bella.

Billy really wanted me to meet her, I hold out my hand and she shakes it tentatively "Hey I'm Evangeline, or Eva, Eve, or E, take your pick. Sorry if I'm talking out of nowhere Billy wanted me to meet you."