C~10: I Hate You

But the next day Jasper didn't show.

Nither did he the day after that.

I walk through the forest to get home on the third day which Jasper or the Cullens didn't show to again.

I keep my head to the ground scolding myself, maybe I was too harsh on Jasper? Just then I hear footsteps and look up to see Jasper in front of me. A smile comes to my face as I begin to walk over "Jasper! Where have you-"

He holds his hand up making me stop, he speaks "We're leaving Forks."

The words hit me like a brick wall, leaving Forks? I open my mouth to say something but no words formed. Jasper takes a breath "Carlisle's supposed to be ten years older than he looks; people will start noticing."

I look at him all over for any sign that he's joking "Now?...I assume Bella's coming so I can make something up-"

"No, Bella...and no you." cuts off Jasper, I walk up to him a little more "Jasper the thing with the blood doesn't matter."

"But it dose. You belong to your world."

I search for the words "If this is about me yelling I'm sorry but I'm coming with you!"

"I don't want you to come!"

It stung as if a slap to the face. Jasper continues "Don't do anything stupid-"

"My life is built on stupid! Jasper, you can't leave me here, I can back because of you!"

"You can back for your family."

"You are my family J!" I shout, Jasper finally looks down at me shaking his head, he couldn't get rid of me "Jaz, you're my best friend I don't-"

His eyes stop me, they held something I had never seen, dark, cold, scowling eyes. Jasper takes a breath before stepping back "Eve...I hate you."

I feel as though a sword had pierced me, after saying it once Jasper found the courage to say it again "I hate you so stop this whole idea that it was always "Us" because it was only one. "You"," he says, and with speed unfathomable he's gone.

I hate you

He didn't really mean that, did he?

No, he was just trying to get me to leave right?

I look up in a panic "Jasper! Jaz! JASPER!!!!" I call out, no answer. I begin to rush through the woods looking all around for the vampire.

He couldn't leave, he's the first person I've ever felt something for, my best friend for god's sake!!! My mind was in a whirl and only focused on one goal I didn't even realize the day turn to night.

My vision blurry with tears and my heart ripped in half.

When my adrenaline was spent, I didn't know where I was, I didn't know what to do. My whole life so to speak was falling away. I sit down and lean against a tree, hugging my knees. I was cold, it was dark.

And I was alone again.

What do I do with myself, I found the perfect life and J just threw it all away, no I can't blame him for anything.

I hate you

He really meant that.

Just then I heard leaves rustle and I look up alert "Hello?" I start. I flinch as light is shined in my eyes "Eve! Thank god!" says a voice. I recognized that voice "Sam?" I ask covering my eyes with my hand, Sam takes the hand and helps me up.

"Come on Billy's isn't that far, first Bella and now you."

"Bella?" I ask holding onto his hand through the dark forest "Found in the forest too, Cheif Swan sent search parties after you both."

"Why was Bella out?"

"Cheif said she left a letter saying her and Edward went for a walk, Cullen must have ditched her." Sam snaps, I ignore it and it all makes sense Bella got the same talk from Edward that Jasper gave to me.

She must have been hit hard god, poor Bella.

I let Sam drag me along not too far until the trees break to the back of the bonfire. Jacob, Henry, Emily, and Billy looks up and Sam waves them down "Call the search off I got her!!!"

Sam leads me down the hill as Jacob and Emily jump up and pull me into their arms "My god Eva where were you?" asks Emily.

"E what were you thinking?" asks Jacob, I couldn't speak I just stood there and let them paw at me. Billy seemed to notice something was off "Give her some space!" he calls, all eyes were on my as Billy's eyes matched with mine.

"Evangeline? What happen?"

I gulp and begin to walk past everyone to the backdoor.

"E?" starts Jacob. I stop and don't look back at them "Jasper left." I state.

This seemed to settle with everyone, I open the door and head inside. No shower, no homework, I just kicked off my shoes and laid in my bed staring up through the skylight at the moon. It bathed me in its light and I felt alive.

So one night happened to pass a little bit smoother than the rest.

But night after night.

Day after day it just kept getting worse.

I didn't want to see anyone, I didn't even want to talk to Bella. Jacob always came by, five times a day and would knock on my door, I would never answer. 

My computer and phone must be full of messages all left unread.

Even my A's on the fridge all started to come down one by one.

Nothing seemed to matter anymore, I didn't have anything to matter about. 

My whole world was gone.

The Cullens were gone.

And I didn't realize how amazing I had it till he was gone.