C~4: Stories And Truths

I shove my hands in my pockets as Jacob, Embry, Quil, and I walk along the side of La Push beach. I've left Jasper alone for the week seeing how he really didn't want to talk to me. As we walk I notice a van and smile.

"B! H! Hey!" I shout jogging up to Hayden and Bella. Mike, Jess, Angela, and Eric were also there. The three boys and Jess were suiting up to ride the waves of La Push. The others look at me "Guys this is Jacob, Embry, and Quil." I say.

"Are you stalking me?" ask Bella to Jacob who chuckles "You're on our rez, remember? You surfing?"

"Definitely not."

"Keep her company. Her date bailed." says Jess, I smirk "Date?"

"She invited Edward."

"To be polite," says Bella almost trying to hide her face. As if the Cullens would ever even come near us. Embry steps up "The Cullens don't come here." he states. Jacob shoots him a look, shakes his head. 

I look to Bella as if to ask you saw that to "You want to go look at tide pools?" she asks Jacob and me. He nods and the three of us head toward the water. I look out to the sea for whales. The surfers are out on the waves. 

"So, what did your friend mean about the Cullens not coming here?" asks Bella. Thank you!

"Oops. Caught that, huh?" asks Jacob. I nod with the duh face "Uh yeah come on tell us." I beg. Jacobs laughs speaking "It's just an old scary story. Did you know the Quileutes are supposedly descended from wolves? The Cullens, they're supposedly descended from this, like "enemy clan.". But they claimed to be different, so we made a treaty with them." he says explaining the history.

But what? "Jess said they moved here two years ago?" I ask.

"Or just moved back."

Bella nods "Riiiight. So what was this treaty?" she starts. Jacob lowers his voice to a whisper "If they promised to stay off Quileute lands, we wouldn't expose what they really were to the pale-faces."

 Of course, our scary story was interrupted when Eric chased Angela by us with a snake. I shake my head at Eric's stupidity "So the Cullens. What are they?" I ask. Jacob brushes it off "Guys it's just a story." he says moving off.

He left us with unanswered questions maybe even giving us more questions. The day at the beach was still slow and the next couple of days became sunny. Bella and I also started talking over the phone trying to solve this mystery.

Bella wanted to go to a book store that she think held the answers. 

But before that, hell.

Jess and Angela made us go dress shopping with them. I lean my head backboard as hell as the two girls run around the shop trying on whatever they can get there hands-on "Eva? What do you think?" asks Jess.

I shrug "Great?" I start, Bella looks to me with a pleading face "Hey guys there's this book store we want to check out, meet you at the restaurant later?" I ask. The two girls look at each other than to us and nod "Sure. Yeah."

I nod standing "Great, come on B!" I shout to Bella who knew her way around P.A. I poked around a little at the native American book shop, it was pretty cool "Hey." says Bella, I turn around and she holds out a copy of the book to me.

The two of us walk outside and across the street, I see a music store "Hey you mind if I meet you for dinner, I need to get some new chords, Jacob's fixing an old amp for me."

"No problem, meet you there," she says walking off. I walk across the street from the book store and head into the music store. I quickly pick up the chords I need and look down at the CDs. I smile and pick up the new album of my favorite band The Lunar Riders