C~27: Check Yes, Juliet

This was it.

Tonight was the night.

Soul night, my leg bounces up and down in an uneasy state under the table as we eat dinner. After dinner, we would have up until two acts before spending time in our bunk and relaxing.

The outdoor stage seats would be full of spectators from around the area and a news team who would stream the performance live. Hayden's head was on the table as he grumbles, "Can we go back to the bunk now?"

"Eve hasn't even touched her food Hayden, give her time, it is her song we're performing," says Tana putting a hand on my shoulder. I look at the pasta in front of me and push it away "I think I'll pass on dinner, I feel like I'm gonna throw up." I admit.

Peter recoils and turns away, "Not on me, your not."

Tana helps me stand, holding my shoulder and my arm "Eve lets get you back to the bunk, you can wash up and relax we don't go on for a good hour." she says leading me away.

This was the night I had waiting.

At first, I felt so sure we were gonna win, but when my journal was thrown in the lake, it was like a part of my identity disappeared. And with finding out the Rockapellas steal songs and rip it off as there's, what if they found a song better?

Once getting to the bunk, Tana made me take a hot shower and relax in bed while she and the others tended to pack up our instruments.

The shower was fine, made me feel clean, but it didn't wash away the sickening feeling in my stomach. I get dressed in a white t-shirt and blue jeans, looking in the mirror I take a look at myself running a hand over my birthmark.

Hey, I never noticed my hairs getting longer than usual. It came down about an inch pasted my shoulders, I take a hair tie tieing my hair in a very loose low ponytail, like from one of the pirate movies.

I walk out to find the others were on the porch. Faintly the music played from another act, and I lean back on the couch, taking out Jacob's letter. I still haven't opened it because I couldn't tell if I was still mad or guilty, but now seemed like a better time then ever.

Dear Eve,

Knowing you, this letter might go straight to the trash, but on the chance, you read it, I wanted to say I'm sorry. I was so blinded by Bella and wanting to keep the Cullens away from you both. I didn't see how happy Jasper had made you.

I'm gonna be away for a little bit maybe I'll be back in time for the wedding, but when you get back from camp at least, you won't have to see my face. But know I love you so much, and I won't stand in the way anymore.

Your brother.

Jacob Black.

Oh, Jake, I love you too.

All I wanted was to see him.

"Eve!" shouts Peter rushing in, turning to him, I see his paniced face and stand. He grabs my arm, pulling me outside where we hear music.

"As long as I have you!"

Oh shit! Hayden walks over to us, balling his fist up "They must have written down a song!"

Tana steps overhearing as well. "If that is your song, you guys have demo tapes you could just get them disqualified," she suggests, but I knew we couldn't, there was no demo tape for that song because it was the one I wrote for Jasper.

"There's no demo tape. That song was for my boyfriend; it's never been recorded." I state. This seems to loom over all of us. They probably figured that a song I care deeply about would only have reached one person's ears.