C~60: Yes To The Dress

Evangeline's P.O.V

Once Jasper and I sent out emails to our family, the first one to call was Alice saying that she had set up appointments for flowers, decor, and the dress. I love Alice, and Tana tried to reel her him, but you can't stop a girl from her passion.

Alice keeps flipping my hair up and down as if deciding which was better; I grab her hand, making her stop "I want it down, Alice."

"Good to know," she says, checking something off on her clipboard.

Rose, Esme, Tana, Bella, and Renesmee were waiting for me to show them.

But for now, Alice grabs my hand, leading me down the aisles of dresses, they were all a lot, this whole experience was a lot. So many sparkles and beading, it looked uncomfortable. Alice taps me on the shoulder, holding out a dress.

Ballgown, embroidery, extended length, the whole shebang!

"So, what about it!?"

I run a hand down the sleeve letting out an awkward chuckle, "Alice...it's definitely something."

"But not you?"

Looking to her I softly try to cushion the blow "I just feel like I need to make up for two years of waiting, it's not so much what I want to wear but what Jasper's imagine his future bride walking towards him in." I trail, the dress falls by Alice's side as she grins. "That's really considerate to think of my brother like that...If that's what you want, why don't we try something a little 1960's."

Holding up my finger, I stop her, "Hey, I draw the line at corsets and collars."

Alice rolls her eyes, pulling out another dress that wasn't entirely white, more of a rustic off white color. Taking the dress to look at it, I nod, "The color's perfect."

"Now, onto the style...E, you're pretty small."

"I'm 5'9."

"And Jasper's 6'3 compared to him that's short, so we want heels."

"...I hate you."

"Noted why don't we try an A-line," says Alice pulling out another dress, the skirt didn't hug my waist, but it didn't poof out like a ballgown, it embraced the tip of my waist showing off a bit of my figure but was a dress non the less I could twirl in.

Not lace, but a pure one-piece fabric, "I like the bottom the tops a little much."

"Okay, how much skin would you like to show?" asks Alice, no, I am not showing skin what is even this question, "Skin? My sons are gonna be at this wedding." I state. Alice shrugs, "So not that much?"

Crossing my arms, I sigh, "I'm willing to do off the shoulder, but that's it."

Alice and I walk down a little further, and she gasps, I smile, "What?"

"Okay, go wait in the dressing room," she commands, I nod and walk over, a second later, she blindfolds me, "Alice, what are you doing."

"You are gonna be the last one to see yourself. I won't let you fall," she says, unzipping something. I take my clothes off spare my undergarments, and with Alice's help slide into the dress.

My shoulders were bare, but I felt material on my shoulders. Grabbing my hand Alice leads me out of the dressing room, I hear gasps, and Alice turns me around, "Alice! Come on, let her see it." pushes Rose.

Light enters my view, and the reflection in the mirror overtakes me.

An A-line dress, with a simple sweetheart neckline that branches off the shoulders. It looked somewhat old fashioned thanks to the color, Alice comes back and drops a veil with lace trim over my head.

"Oh, sweetheart." coos Esme.

My eyes began to well, and Alice hugs my shoulders.

This wasn't real, I'd never thought about a dream dress as a little girl, but this makes up for it. I loved this dress "This is it, I wanna get married in this." I state. Tana whistles, "Girl, you work that!"

"Yeah, you look great," affirms Bella.

"So pretty!" exclaims Renesmee.

"And Jasper's gonna love it!" squeezes Alice, I flap my arms "I love it...I'm gonna be honest I was a fool to wait two years."

"You wanted to make sure your kids would be okay, that's not a crime, it's good parenting," speaks Esme making us all rouse a chuckle. But then it hits me this dress, how much did it cost "Alice, how much does this cost?" I ask.

Alice's face goes blank, and she begins to lead me away "Here why don't we just take it off and-"

"Alice!"

She sighs, giving up "1."

"One hundred?" I ask. She shakes her head, "One thousand."

Fuck, my smile fades, "Alice! One thousand dollars, I don't have the kind of money." I urge. She shrugs, "So I'll pay for the dress."

"You don't have to do that, though."

"If you really want to just take some money from Jasper, he gets it from the family we all share."

"But he shouldn't have to."

"E! let us handle this, it's your wedding," begs Alice getting that sparkle in her eyes, she wasn't gonna give up, and I know the family as money Alice can predict stock trends and stuff like that. Biting my lip, I nod "Fine, but I what I make off work I'm contributing."

"Don't tell that Carlisle, you do he's gonna give you the raise of a lifetime." states Rose, I roll my eyes "I'm still a less part-time intern at the hospital when I am there I only really work the desk until Carlisle dismisses me to help him."

Speaking of which, did I have a shift tomorrow? I look to Bella, "Can you hand my bag? I need to check something?" I ask, Bella nods, handing it, and I begin to look through it. Where's my phone? It's not in here.

Closing my eyes, I sigh, "I left my phone at the hospital!" I groan. Esme starts to take out her phone "I can call Carlisle and ask if he's still there, he could get it for you."

"No it's on my way home anyway...thank you all for coming out here this has been wonderful."

"Of course, anytime." says Tana, Alice smiles at her before turning back to me "I'll go make an appointment to get this dress altered you can just put it back on the hanger and leave," she explains, I give her a quick hug before following her instructions.

Getting in the car, it was already night as I drove back to Forks.

Can't believe I was getting married! One thing in my life was turning out alright, but I wish my boys could be the same.

One doesn't care for his spirit lineage, and the other pays no mind to the vampire side, I wish they could see how much better it is when you embrace it all. I may have been bitten, not born, but we're still one and the same.

Sure it took me a while to get my thirst under control and balance out how much moonlight I'd need to fuel my powers, but I beg I had more answers for them. We're the first and only ones of our kind, whether born or bitten.

Half-vampire.

Half-moon spirit.

I'm drawn from my thoughts when suddenly I hear a metallic stretch, the car jerks, and I wrangle the wheel to steady it. What just happened? Just then, the car jerked the other way the metallic sound following it.

My eyes dart around in the dark as I open the window, breathing in. That scent, I didn't recognize it, but it's definitely not human or wolf. My foot presses down on the gas peddle, and the car speeds up well past the limit of the road.

Someone is out here messing with me.

Another jerk and my car swerve off the road. Keeping my head level, I try my best to avoid all the trees I can until another bang sends me right into one. Everything felt in slow motion, the car hit the tree, and my head slammed on the dashboard, drawing blood.

I fall back against the car seat, breathing heavily, who was trying to do this?

Just then, my door is opened, and a figure looms over me.

"Evangeline...so nice to finally meet you."