C~20: A Bite Of Victory

I pull an extra sweater around me until my tent flap opens.

Jasper freezes in surprise, "I thought you would still be asleep."

"I woke up after you left the first time...do you enjoy watching me sleep or something?" I ask, stepping out into the snow. Jasper chuckles, "It was either that or stand out in a blizzard."

I smile and look over to Bella's tent, Edward watches as her and Jacob return, Seth was there. Jacob walks by them and over to Jasper and I. The first thing he does is hug me, "You feeling better?"

"How did you know I wasn't feeling good?" I ask. Jacob grins, "Let see, I could smell your puke before the blizzard hit."

My eyes widen, and I put a hand in front of my mouth trying to smell my own breath, was it that bad, or was it his wolf nose. He's messing with me, I shove him back, and he laughs, "You know I'm terrified of heights!"

"It's just a joke, E."

"This isn't a joke, Jacob," states Jasper, the two scowls at each other again. Was it because Jacob was trying to protect me? Or is Jasper trying to prove a point? Jake couldn't possibly know how I feel for Jasper, so that's out of the question.

"Of course, it's not, my sisters, no joke."

"Then be my guest, lead the way down the mountain," suggest Jasper holding his hand out. Jacob slaps it away "No way Bloodsucker." he spits, Jasper looks to me, and I give him a comforting smile "Go...Just be careful."

He nods, "I promise."

And with that, he speeds off, and I can only stare at where he was.

"God, you look like a lovesick puppy, but that would make sense, wouldn't it?"

My gaze snaps to Jacob, "You know!"

"You told Leah, she has a connection idiot! The whole pack knows!" he exclaims, oh shit! Does the whole whole whole pack know I like Jasper...a vampire? And I'm part of that pack? And is the girl who loves the vampire?

I'm screwed.

"E, you can't be serious! First Bella's getting married and then you!"

"Bella's getting married?"

"NOT THE POINT!!!" he screams, he's agitated because he found out Bella and Edward are getting married? SO HE'S TAKING IT OUT ON ME!!! I shake my head, "Jake, it doesn't matter."

"Yes, it does!"

"No...He likes another girl."

Jacob's face contorts to one of anger, and he grabs my arms "He told you this!"

"I figured it out, and he said he had a crush...sorta. Okay, he hasn't disagreed that I've said he has a crush...either way, he likes another girl." I admit sadly. Jacob huff running a hand through his hair. "I'm gonna kill him!!!!"

"JACOB!!!"

"You haven't told him? If you do and he breaks your heart, nothing stops the pack from tearing him to shreds!!!"

"J! Stop, you don't know what you're doing!"

"Yes, I do! I'm making sure a Bloodsucker doesn't break my sister's heart!" he shouts, phasing and pouncing down the mountain. I rush to the edge, "JACOB!!!"

He was gone, and guilt hung over my head.

If I ever told Jasper about my feeling, he would turn me down, and the pack would be allowed to kill him.

OVER A CRUSH!

Seth crawls over and whines getting my attention, he leads me over to Bella and Edward. I give them a smile, "Congrats."