C~39: Baby Names And The Baby!

When the test came back, it looked like I had type A influenza.

Which also didn't x out the idea of me being pregnant entirely, still made no sense Bella was showing, she could burst any day now. I wasn't getting any better, every time I moved around too much, I felt so weak, and it was hard to keep any food down.

But everything was done the wire now, it seemed like Bella was gonna give birth any minute and to make matters worse Carlisle, Emmett, and Esme went hunting due to not feeding in weeks. I had no idea how they were going to get passed Sam pack though, and all I could do was worry. Alice puts a hand on my shoulder. "Come on, E, you might be having a baby, so need to come up with names too."

Shaking my head, I smile, "Alice, it's clear I'm not having a baby."

"Eve, we don't know anything." starts Rose getting us all to laugh, Bella shifts looking at me "I came up with good names."

"Your names were EJ and Renesmee." I point out, Bella fakes an offense "It's cute!"

"Sure," answers Rose, we all giggle, and everyone looks to me expectingly. I wasn't having a kid they can't seem to understand that, but it's just names right. I would want to mean something to Jasper and me.

Maybe a hint at his other name, or what rank he was in the army.

Maybe something from my dream.

"Well?" ask Alice; I smile. "If" I have a baby and it's a boy, I kind of like Whitman, Major, or Finn, if it's a girl then Avalon or Finn again," I state Bella smiles and Rose scoffs. "We made fun of Bella's names for nothing. Those are awful! You can't name a child, Major!"

"My child." I snap back. Jasper and Edward walk in, Jasper helps me up, and we walk to his room where I lay down, and he sits on the edge of the bed "So what were you and the girls talking about?"

Well, it's not like I'm admitting to anything, "Baby names." I answer, Jasper looks at me before leaning his head down and laughing a bit. "Okay, what's Bella's kid's name gonna be?"

"If a boy EJ, if a girl Renesmee. But it wasn't just Bella." I start, Jasper stares at me as I go on "They pressured me into coming with names. If I ever have a baby and it's a girl, then Finn or Avalon."

"Why those specific names?" he asks; in reality, ever since learning about my dream and that the langue is Finnish, I wanted to do my research to try and find answers "I was studying, and they're charming." I fib.

Jasper nods, accepting them, "And the boys."

I sigh, "Laugh at me, all you want. Finn again, but maybe Whitman or Major?" I name Jasper's smile turns into a full outburst of laugher. "After my name and rank? I'm guessing?" he asks, I cross my arms "I can change them-"

"I love them, just like I love you."

We stare at each other just enjoying the time, the peace, sure we could dream and hope, but we have to wake up "Jasper I'm not Pregnant we both know this and think about it, I would never be allowed to step foot on the Rez again, they would hate me."

"But what does that matter as long as we love you," he reassures, leaning down and taking my hand. I shake my head "We have to be reasonable about this, we don't know what's wrong with me...So I've thought maybe the best choice might require surgery." I blurt out.

I've been looking onto it, whatever wrong it's coming from inside of me, and if we could just find it and remove it. Best idea I've got, looking back over at Jasper, he lets go on my hand moving his head "Or just a couple more X-rays, maybe Bella's excuse about the medical facility might be worth a shot." I try and reason.

"No! We can't," demands Jasper standing running a hand through his hair, no? He was acting childish if this is the only way, "You mean you can't?" I fight.

"It's supposed to be we! Sickness and in health."

"Okay...that's only if you're married," I state, sitting up.

Jasper scoffs, biting his lip. "What do you think I was trying to do in Norway," he whispers more to himself, but I really didn't understand what it meant. I reach out and take his hand, "But you're right, we are a team, I just want to get better."

I feel a hand run over my birthmark as Jasper kneels down in front of me "Then trust that you will."

Suddenly a loud scream echo through the house, I grip onto Jasper's shoulders, and we look at each other. Then Alice shows up at the door, "Yeah, she's right here." she says into her phone. Another scream and following could hear Carlisle's voice through it "Give her the phone."

Jasper helps me stand, and Alice hands me the phone, "Carlisle?" I start as the two begin to lead me downstairs "Eve, Bella's gone into labor we're trying to get back as fast as we can, but for now, you have to deliver the baby."

"Me?! Carlisle, I haven't had any training!"

"No real experience, but we've spent hours going over every basic thing this was one of them, just keep me on the phone," he orders. Coming upon the sight, I freeze Bella was on the table, screaming and shouting.

Jacob was holding her arm, Edward and Rose both look to me. Jasper helps me over, Bella looks at me pleadingly. For Bella, for her baby, "Pass the morphine." I command, Rose hands it to me, and I stick it into Bella's vital point, making her scream.

Her body was still twitching, and her eyes told me that the baby was more important. I can't believe I was doing this "Rose, I need the scalpel." I order. She begins to grab it, but Edward stops her, "Rose! Let the morphine spread."

"There's no time. He's dying!" shouts Rose.

"Get him out now!" screams Bella. Taking the scalpel my handshakes, cut into Bella I couldn't do it if I cut wrong it's game over, right? Just then, this pain, it's my stomach like fatigue that was already there, was doubled or held back.

The scalpel falls out of my hand, clinking when it hits the ground. Alice holds my shoulders, pulling me back to a bench where she lays me down sideways. It felt like knives were slashing my insides left and right; everything was cramping up!

Edward looks to me, and Jacob rushes over, holding my hand "Eve?"

"If you're gonna change her, you have to wait till the baby's out!" I shout, balling myself up. I felt like a glass figurine that was shattering the tiniest fracture. Rose cuts open Bella's stomach, and I feel Jasper tenses and looks over, oh shit.

Putting my hand on his shoulder, I make him face me "Jasper...you can't be in here...we have to go." I groan. Jasper nods and carefully picks me upbringing us both into another room. Jasper kept looking back, "Hey, keep your eyes on me." I whisper.

Jasper gulps, not losing focus from my eyes. Biting my lip, I muffle a scream, "Where does it hurt? What can I do?" he asks, I just need something that's gonna put me to sleep knock me out for a bit.

Looking over at Carlisle's desk, I spot it, pointing my hand over Jasper grabs the syringe "Laughing gas?" he asks. I nod, tapping my shoulder. "With that much, it'll knock me out...Okay?"

His face was uncertain as he holds it above where I move his hand. "I promised, remember I would tell you if you hurt me."

Jasper nods and slowly inserts it making me wince. My vision begins to go foggy, black threatening the edge, and the last thing I see is Jasper.

I would be okay.

We would be okay.