C~17: Graduating But Not Much Party

"Keyboards up and running you guys ready for this?" ask Hayden putting on his cap. Peter nods throwing his yellow gown over his other clothes.

Graduation, never thought I would see the day.

I was always on the move so I never gave much thought to graduating, but then I moved to Forks and promised myself I would get good grades. Now were graduating or getting prepare for graduation.

"E? E!"

I look up from my pen and note pad at Hayden "What? What I do?"

"You were distracted, what is this anyway?" ask Peter snatching it, I stand quickly "Peter give it back!"

His face turns to one of surprise as he looks back to me "Then you came along and gave me something? This is one of the chessyest things I've ever hear. Now spill whos it for?"

"For?" ask Hayden grabbing the song I was writing and reading, he looks back over at me "You got it bad for someone, wanna tell us who it is?"

"Who knows Hayden maybe E's got it for you." says Peter sitting down at his drum, I chuckle and Hayden looks to me "Wait? Do you?" he ask. I stand quickly taking the pad back "No. And can't a girl just write a song Peter?"

He shrugs "Hey, it's either Hayden or Jasper Cullen."

Was I that obvieoss. Hayden rolls his eyes "I don't even understand why you hang out with him." he states. I pull my guitar up over my gown and put on my cap and students and parents start filling in.

"He's my friend, my best friend." I state. 

"From the looks of it, it could be more." sing song says Peter. I send him a glare and sigh "He likes another girl, so it doesn't matter. We have a job to do." I say getting in place, Jess smiles at me as she walks up on stage.

Looking over the crowd I could see everyone, here for us, the future "When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up...Our answers were thing like astronaut, president, or in my case, a princess. When we were ten, they asked again and we answered – rock star, cowboy, or in my case, gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how 'bout this: who the hell knows?!"

Loud hoots and hollers from the audience. Jess thpought she couldn't do this but she has everyone to the edge of there seats.

"This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, it's the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train, and get stuck somewhere chill. Fall in love a lot. Major in philosophy because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind. Then change it again, because nothing is permanent...So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask again what we want to be... we won't have to guess. We'll know."

Everyone stands and cheers as Jess moves over to be the first resiprent of getting her diploma. Hayden nods to Peter and I as Anglea's name is called, we start playing as others get their moment in the light as well.

I lean closer to the mic opening our song "I can almost see it.

That dream I'm dreaming but,

there's a voice inside my head saying you'll never reach it.

Every step I'm taking,

every move I make feels,

lost with no direction, my faith is shaking, but I...

gotta keep trying...

gotta keep my head held high!" I sing, Alice's name gets called and she gives me a thumbs up as she walks across stage. People clap as she descends "There's always gonna be another mountain!