C~41: Why Can't I Help?

"I'm done," states Renesmee. I look over at her puzzle, and my eyes widen, looking my at mine I'm disappointed to say I only have the sides done "Whatever happen to doing the corners first?" I ask.

"I really like puzzles." she shrugs, making us giggle. I've been here for three days, and all Renesmee wanted to do was be with me, learn about me. So today, we were doing a puzzle race, which I very much am losing.

"This piece is upside down." she points out.

Gez, I swear to god this is Jacob talking. Carlisle then walks over with a cup and water and pills, I gulp them down and nod my thanks, my looks were getting worse, and Carlisle was trying everything.

Suddenly we all hear a crash and look to see Alice dropped the vase of flowers she was carrying. She stands there frozen, caught up in a vision, "Alice?" I start. She takes a breath, "The Volturi. They're coming for us...Aro, Caius, Marcus, the Guard...And Irina."

Irina? She the one who gave Seth and me a dirty look at the wedding. Renesmee grabs my hand quickly "What did Irina see in the woods?" asks Edward. Bella thinks back, "We were just walking."

"Ness was catching snowflakes," states Jacob, then it looks to have dawned on Edward. "Of course. Irina thinks Renesmee's an immortal Child."

I look to him, "Immortal child? Like children vampires?"

Carlisle seems to recount the history of immortal children for the confused, Bella and I "The immortal Children were very beautiful. So enchanting. To be near them was to love them. But their development was frozen at the age they were turned. They couldn't be taught or restrained. A single tantrum could destroy an entire village. Humans heard about the devastation. Stories spread. The Volturi were forced to intervene. Since the Children couldn't protect our secret, they had to be destroyed."

That's awful, it's not the children's fault they don't know any better, Carlisle continues "Their creators grew very attached and fought to protect them. Long-established covens were torn apart. Countless humans slaughtered. Traditions, friends, even families. Lost."

"So the Denalis' mother made an immortal Child?" asks Bella connecting the dots.

"Yes. And she paid the price."

My eyes widen, "They killed her and the kid...But Renesmee's not like that she was born." I protest, Bella nods "She grows every single day."

"So, can't you just explain that to the Volturi?" ask Jacob.

"Aro has enough proof in Irina's thoughts," answers Edward.

"So, we fight."

Jasper walks over, taking my other hand "Their offensive weapons are too powerful. No one can stand against Jane and Alec's even worse." he contracts, I look to him in disbelief, he wasn't giving up "Then we convince them." I state.

"They're coming to kill us, not to talk." fights Emmett, Edward puts a hand on his shoulder staring at me "No, you're right. They won't listen to us. But maybe others can convince them. Carlisle, you have friends all around the world." suggest Edward.

"I won't ask them to fight." disproves Carlisle.

"Not fight. Witness. If enough people knew the truth, maybe we could convince the Volturi to listen."

Esme walks over to Carlisle, confirming him, "We can ask this of our friends."

Smiling, I knew we had a plan, no one would hurt Ness as long as we were here. Jacob nods along before heading off to pack or something. "Okay, when do we leave?" I ask standing, everyone looks to each other and then to me, all silent, all not knowing what to say it looked like.