C~43: The Grove

Riding a plane alone is the worse thing in the world.

But at least I was out of Forks, it was halfway through the night when I landed in Huston. I grab my bag and walk out of the airport, now that I'm here down do I find that shop. Pulling my hood over my head, I think.

The sun's shadows tell lies, wait for the moon to be your guide.

I lived in a crazy world of vampires any crazy idea I should take, so I can only find it at night.

WELL, IT'S NIGHT!!!

Suns shadows? I look down at my on, what help was that-...Looking around, I see everyone else shadow facing a different way, turning back to my own I move around in place, and it always stayed facing in a particular direction.

Wait for the moon to be your guide.

Follow your shadow at night, I've done crazier. Sighing I being to walk in the direction my shadow faced, down the road to who knows where. There's no way this was leading anywhere, but it was bizarre.

Why would my shadow stand out among everyone else's?

Pretty soon, I come upon a small town, the national forest stood at the edge. While walking about the forest side, I look down at my shadow, which changed direction to point right. Turning in that direction, I now stand in front of a novelty shop.

Of Finnland?

What's that doing in Texas?

Looking up at the sign, my eyes widen, "The Grove." I whisper. The lights were on, so maybe it was open, stepping forward, I open the door heading inside "Hello?" I start. Looking around, the shop was just novelties, books, flags all about Finnland.

Hearing rustling, I look around the corner and see an old woman, her hair was wild, and she was even shorter than me "Agnes says we're closed!" she shouts.

Agnes?

"But the lights are on-"

"Agnes says we're closing up!" she shouts back, walking past me to the cashier, okay? I head over, "Can I just ask, what's a shop about Finnland doing in Texas?"

The woman raises her brow and sips a drink. "Agnes ask, what's it to you," she says, her voice old and cackly, was she, Agnes? I lean my elbows on the table "Not much...um I flew here from Forks and-"

"Anges shouts, listen if you're not going to buy anything deary, then get out!!!" she shouts, holding up a broom, this woman was crazy! I begin backing up as he threatens me with the broom "But I-"

"ANGES SHOUTS, OUT!!!" she shoves me in the chest with the broom knocking me to the floor. For an old woman, she knows how to kick someone's ass. My hood down I look back at her "Please I-"

"ANGES ORDERS, STOP!" she shouts and places the broom's tip under my chin, making my head tilt to the side "You look horrible...That strange marking on your face." she mutters.

"I was born with it," I state. She pulls her broom back and strokes her chin sputtering to herself. "Angessees, she'sgotthemark.ashdah...butthere'snowayshe....uydgfudsy...NAH!!" she finishes waving her hand.

Nah what?

What am I not?

She begins to walk away, hold my knees, great now I wish I never had that stupid dream "Stupid...se, joka kantaa kuumerkin, kantaa varkauden sydäntä." I grumble.

"Anges questions, what did you say?" asks the woman, looking up I see she stopped, I meet her eyes confused "Se, joka kantaa kuumerkin, kantaa varkauden sydäntä...It's just a stupid thing from a dream I took seriously-"

"Anges exclaims, my goodness, Tana was not kidding when she said she found you!"

Eyes widening, I ask, "Tana? How do you know Tana?"

"Anges explains, I practically raised her! But I did scold her when she brought those two boys back!"

Boys back? "Peter and Hayden?"

"Anges confirms, yes, they're the ones! Must say they have grown into quite the young Spirits very mighty, Mr. Hunter is even considering Peter to take on his job." brags the old woman. I stare at her eye, twitching speechless.

She sees this, and it dawns upon her, "Anges wonders...You know nothing of the world belong to, do you?"

"World I belong to?" I start standing, "I'm a regular girl, who gone from home to home trying to find a family, and just when I think I found one I..." my gaze casts to the ground as I feel tears begin to well, daring to hit the ground.

The old woman pokes me with her broom in the chest, softly getting me to look at her. She speaks as I wipe my tears with my sleeve "Anges apologizes, deary, please forgive me for my behavior, but you are where you belong, and before you get any worse let's get you healed up." she states motioning for me to follow her into the back room.

I do where in the back, strange rocks and nick-nacks reside. "You know how to make me better?" I question, I take the bag of pills out my pack "Not even Dr. C knows-" I'm cut off by the woman snatching the bag and tossing it to the side "Anges knows, those stupid pills won't help!"

Reaching a hand out, I let them go, well they weren't doing anything anyway. I follow Anges to a door, she searches her pockets for something "Anges teaches, you are suffering from a very dangerous Vitamin D Deficiency. If not solved, it can lead to illness and could be fatal."

Vitamin D? Fuck that!

"But I go out in the sun all the time!"

Anges wags her finger, still searching for something. "Anges view stupidity! It's your kind weakness...the sun will not help. You need the light of the moon. Here it is." she says, finding something in her pocket, I kneel down to her level "How is the moon gonna help?"

The old woman holds a key up between us smirking, "Anges jests, you did not think you were a normal little girl, did you?"

Standing I step back, what did that mean? "I mean yeah, what else could I be."

"Anges explicates, something magical," she answers and sticks the key in the door, from the keyhole a light shines blue and then yellow.

Click!

She opens the door and my eyes land upon the forest, from here it was brighter and more vibrant, and a path of mulch, but those weren't the most surprising things. There were kids and other teens, young adults.

Walking, hanging out with each other, working out, and training.

Some spared with each other.

Others were racing, whether it be in the air or on the ground.

And magic, the feeling I got felt so comforting, the lights, the ground, everything felt like home. I walk down the path with Anges taking everything in, I did notice people stare at me. Anges brings me over to a group of people, sparing an adult observing them.

"That's it; remember if you can't be fast, be smart."

That voice! "Mr. Hunter?" I ask, the man turns around, "Evangeline." he states, tipping his hat. My mouth gaps open "But you-"

"Are a trainer, it's a good job...I'm also glad you were able to figure out my little puzzle lead you right to us didn't it?"

"I-yeah...what about the other members of the Lunar Riders?" I ask, did they know he did this. Hunter chuckles, "Funny, there are no other members; it's all fake, an illusion." he answers. So the band I've idolized my whole was just him?

"How?"

"Illusions happen to be my Cantrip," he says, holding out a hand, white mist swirls, and a flower appears I reach for it, but upon touching it, my hand goes right through. I stumble back, "Woah!...magic?" I ask.

Hunter sighs, "Trivial term for it, but yes...magic...The same magic that you will learn."