C~7: Mirrors All-Around

We got to the Cullens house where Laurent warned us of his two companions.

James was a lethal tracker.

And we should never underestimate Victoria.

We went into the garage housing a Volvo, a red BMW, a black Mercedes sedan, and an SUV. Everyone but Rosalie springs into action, opening cupboards for supplies - cell phones, extra batteries, maps, portable GPS units, changes of clothes, cans of gasoline, etc. As they load up the vehicles.

Jasper begins to pack up a backpack "I've had to fight our kind before. We're hard to kill."

"But not impossible. We'll tear him up and burn the pieces." plans Edward. Carlisle sighs opening a draw "I don't relish killing another creature. Even a sadistic one like James."

Rosalie sits on the counter "If he doesn't get to one of us first."

Everyone seems to stop and sigh at this. Edwards breaks it tossing keys to Jasper "We'll run them south, while you lead the tracker away." says Edward. Carlisle steps over "No, the tracker thinks you both won't leave them. He'll follow you."

"I'll go with Bella and Eve. I will drive them south. I'll keep her safe." says Alice stepping forward. Well, I trusted Alice more than Rose so good plan. Alice pulls us over and puts us in the car, Bella took the back seat while I sat in the front with Alice.

I roll down the window and see Jasper wearing one of Bella's coats "Jasper." I call him, he comes over and kneels down. I take of my sweater and give it to him "To lead the tracker away, you did say I smell good."

Jasper looks at me and smiles "I don't know how many time I can say it."

"Then don't, friends shouldn't have to say I'm sorry, only, I'll try differently next time...You're my best friend Jasper, I don't want to lose that."

"I thought you don't believe in attachments."

"Think of it more as a mutual arrangement," I say causing him to chuckle, the garage door opens and Alice drives away leaving me looking back on a home I would never see again.

********************************************

The sun begins to rise on the empty road as our with dark tinted windows drives down it. We had been not stopped driving and Bella had been trying to call her mom, but nothing came up. Once giving up Alice looked to me telling me I had to call Jacob back.

I look at my phone and see over thirty missed calls from the last 24 hours.

I sigh and pick up the phone to my ear as it rings, but not for long since Jacob's voice came through very quickly "Eva! E! Where are you why didn't you come home last night!!!"

"Jacob I-"

"And Bella's gone too! We talk to Charlie! Are you okay!-"

"Jacob Bella and I went to Arizona! I know I would stay! I lied! Okay! I couldn't be trapped in Forks! I had to leave because I'm the girl that always runs!!!" I shout and hang up quickly. Alice takes one of my hands giving it a little squeeze.

We quickly made it to the hotel where we steeled in and ordered food. While waiting though  Alice reels and begins to tell "The tracker. He just changed course... Get me a pen and paper." orders Alice, Bella quickly brings it over and Alice begins drawing her vision.

"Mirrors. It's a room of mirrors."

"This is where James is?" I ask.

"A ballet studio?" asks Bella. I look at the drawing looked like one, wait a second. Alice and I look to Bella "You've been here?" asks Alice.