C~9: Senior Birthday

"Seth it's five times eight I know you know it," I state pointing to the paper. 

I thought this summer was going to be a lot more fun, but no I'm stuck tutoring Seth! Why can't Leah do it! He's her brother! Seth whimpers like a puppy, I might just start calling him that if he keeps this up.

"Seth."

"But why! Why! It makes no sense when am I ever gonna use math in life."

I roll my eyes and try to explain "To get into a good college, baking, money, you might not see it it's a fundamental point in life even if you hate it. Just me I do to!"

"Yeah, and your A on the refrigerator really shows that!"

"Well, when you get an A you can have your dad put it on your fridge." I poke. Seth huff and crosses his arms "This is not how a person should be spending their birthday month."

"Get an A on your first test back to school I'll bring home whatever food you want."

"DEAL!!!"

And on a dime, Seth continues the worksheet making me giggle. He was a good kid just stubborn "Don't worry everyone's gonna is hyped for your birthday."

"Hey E? When's your birthday?"

My birthday, I used to just say I was another year old on New Years', but my actual birthday, I guess I never stuck around somewhere long enough to have one "Um, I don't know."

"Then how do you know your seventeen?"

"I'm pretty sure I'm seventeen, either that or I'm eighteen."

"So you've never celebrated a birthday before?"

"...nope," I say popping the P. Seth looks a little down at the thought of not celebrating a birthday, I put a hand on his shoulder and smile "Seth don't worry about it-"

Just then Jacob burst in "Hey, Eva your gonna be late for school and you don't want a mark on your second week of Senior year."

I sigh "Don't remind me." say picking up my bag, Jacob takes my hand but I stop and turn back to Seth "Hey, that better be done before I get home or deals off." I hear a groan after this making Jacob and I laugh as we head outside.

He hands me the keys to the bike and I put my helmet on "Hey don't run off with it." he says, I smile "I know you put a tracker in it." I say and rev the engine, I do a circle around before heading off.

I know all the roads in Forks and even some in P.A. but never would I ever find myself at the airport. Forks is my home now, the home I've been waiting for. I've got a bigger family then I can count, friends always willing to be around me, and a band that I rock out with every weekend.

I'm living the life I've always dreamed.

The Vampires are just a plus!

How do I put this?

I park my bike in the parking lot full of teens and students alike waiting for the bell to ring. I take off my helmet and ruffle my hair.

Maybe I can just put it simply?

A silver car pulls up and parks next to me, out of the drives seat exits Jasper, his golden brown eye meet my blue ones making him smile. Good thing fangs aren't showing.

I'll just say it.

My best friends a Vampire.

"Hey," I say. He nods his head "Good morning. Did you finally switch to a new biology class?"