Mistletoe

Whoo! It's the first day of December and the start of the 25 day Christmas challenge thing!

So on with the first one-shot we go!

P.s- I was short for ideas on this particular theme, so I went with a reader insert and the anime which I had just watched. :P

~Sombrero2

Prompt: Mistletoe

Fandom: Ghost Hunt

Characters: Lin, Reader

Story type: Reader Insert

(Set jut after the Silent Christmas episode/chapter)

After SPR solved the case for John's local parish, the team headed back to the office where a mini party was to be held as a celebration for completing the case and to celebrate Christmas.

Monk had brought along his base guitar and was strumming a few Christmassy tunes whilst Ayako and Mai spun round to them, in a failed attempt to dance. The group seemed to be enjoying themselves apart from "big boss Naru" and his assistant Lin.

Lin was a tall, mysterious man of few words and although that seemed to push most people away, it managed to draw you in. He occasionally smiled and laughed during your few conversations with each other and you worked well. Plus, you thought the way his hair fell over his right eye was cute.

"[name!] come dance!" Mai called out, waving and smiling. Almost if on cue, everyone's heads turned to you, waiting eagerly for you to show off your (lack of) dne skills. Blushing you declined, much to Mai'a discontent,

"Aw! C'mon [name...!] dance with us!" She pleaded, pulling at your hand. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Lin smirk faintly and he raised his eyebrows as if to say "yeah, [name], show us how well you can dance! Smiling deviously, you let Mai pull you to the other side of the room, and as she passed Lin, you grabbed his wrist and pulled him into the dance circle.

Monk then switched to a slow song and you were spun towards Lin by Mai, who stopped you colliding with his chest by grabbing your shoulders. His hands then moved to your hips and yours to his shoulders as you both danced, oblivious to the looks the other members were giving you. No words were spoken through the whole dance, as none were needed. All the words needed to be said, were passed through the movements of the dance.

As the song faded into another tune, this time a cute love song, a familiar face popped into the scene. Yasu.

He smiled and held his arm high above your head with something dangling from his hand.

"Mistletoe..." You whispered as you looked up. Blushing, your gaze fell back to Lin who had also noticed the mistletoe.

Your eyes were full with embarrassment, hope and questioning as to the next few moments of the party. Lin moved in closer until you where barely a centimetre away from him.

"I love you [name]," he whispered, kissing you gently on the lips.

"I love you to, Lin," you replied, smiling as you were pulled into a long embrace.

"Nice going, Yasu!" Monk patted the boy on the shoulders.

"Shush you guys! Your spoiling the moment!" Mai hissed, turning to gaze at he new couple.

Looks like Christmas does bring love and happiness, even to the most gloomy of Ghost Hunters!