Chapter 22

Word count: 2965

Adrian's POV

*

Sometimes we humans tend to behave irrationally and then we find ourselves regretting our decisions just when the deed has been done. Such was the case with my stupid best friend.

Yes Kara was my ride or die any day and anytime but she usually went overboard sometimes. It was just unnecessary.

"Okay, let me get this straight." I sucked my teeth, levelling her a disappointed stare.

She nodded.

"You demanded breakup from your boyfriend. All because of fuckin Gonzalo. The same one that nearly put him in a psychiatric hospital?" I asked incredulously. For the life of me, I couldn't keep up with this girl most of the time. Like what the actual heck?

Kara nodded and bit her lower lip. "Ye-"

"You broke up with Stephano Alfonsi? The love of your life? The only one that ever puts up with your dumbness." I admitted because it was true. Stephano would carry Kara if she wanted to be a baby, he would go all the way to another city at night 'himself' if she said she wanted to eat something we didn't have here. Like the man literally worshipped the ground she walks on.

"Don't put it that way and I'm not dumb." She snapped, making my anger flare up.

"Oh please shut it Kara. All he has ever done was in your own interest. Gosh, I feel like smacking your head upsidedown right now. Stop being so stupid."

"Will you stop it with the verbal assaults?" Kara's voice reduced a little.

"No. Fuck, no I won't."

She huffed and got off the bed, quickly dashing for the kitchen in hopes that she'd escape my interrogative self but guess what? I stomped into the kitchen after her, dropping her phone on the counter she was resting on.

"You better call him and apologize. Better still, go get some garters to seduce the hell out of him when you visit his office then after a mind blowing blowjob, you'll promise to talk with your right senses for the rest of your fucking life." I snapped.

Kara's eyes glistened. The reality of her situation apparently just dawned on her.

"I'm waiting. Pick up the damn phone." I was already tapping my foot impatiently, eyes narrowed at her.

"Geez, chill the heck out."

I hissed and grabbed the phone before she could. Dialing Stephano's number, I put it on speaker and waited. Kara was nervous, she couldn't stop biting her lips and the insides of her cheeks.

"Yes?" Stephano's voice finally came on. It sounded weirdly distant.

"Hey."

"You called." He stated.

Kara cleared her throat. "Y-yes. I wanted to apologize."

She looked up at me but I had my arms crossed over my chest and was still tapping my foot impatiently.

"For what?" Stephano asked. My heart broke a little as Kara sucked a deep breath of air in. She looked broken already.

"What do you mean by for wha- I mean, I'm sorry for my behavior last night. It was totally out of line."

I nodded at the apology.

Stephano cleared his throat. "Yes it was. You ended things."

"I know. I didn't thin-"

"I'm busy now Kara, I'm at work." Then he ended the call.

Kara looked shocked. She'd probably expected that she would just pull him back into her arms like always.