Chapter 13

Shout out: 3058

My shout-out goes to Tanzania, Grenada and Cameron

*

"She's so dumb! Can't she see how much Aaron loves her? So darn stupid!" I shouted in anger.

How I so wish I could enter into the TV, grab her head and scream it into her ears, "he loves you so much. Go back to him!"

Diego chuckled beside me and scooted closer, licking his lower lip as he did so.

I didn't know how I caught this little act of his, but I did.

I threw Paul a glance and heaved a deep sigh when I saw that he was typing on his phone while watching the movie with us at the same time.

"So many women can't see how deeply a man loves them. And when they start fighting for him, they'll believe they've fought as warriors, forgetting that one time ago, all the man wanted was them even when they weren't willing to be with him." Diego stated beside me and chuckled again, shaking his head.

"Women are weird, my dude. Girls are weird. Every feminine thing is weird." Paul smirked at me and winked.

He looked from me to Diego and back to me before turning to face the TV. 

I frowned. What was that?

"Keep shut Paul. You're just a sexist asshole." I growled, annoyed that they weren't seeing things my way.

"No he's right." Diego defended Paul and I glared at him.

"Women aren't weird. We just get confused by our emotions sometimes. We always want to make sure that we're not making a mistake so we sometimes need time to handle issues." I finished my explanation quietly and searched Diego's eyes.

We locked eyes for a good couple of seconds before I looked away.

"Enough of the emotional shit. Allie is weeping her eyes out now. Let's hope she'll make the right decision." Paul told us and dug into the bowl of popcorn, munching on it.

My mood turned sour as I watched them long for each other and act like it was all okay. Nothing was okay.

I had read 'The Notebook' and watched the movie several times but I still teared up each time I watched it. Kara would often say I was overreacting but I simply didn't care.

Aaron and Allie loved each other so much and they deserved to spend every second of their time together just as much as they both deserved their happy ending. My mind slowly moved to my unnamed relationship with Diego, who was now casually playing with the tendrils of my hair while watching the movie. 

I had to stop denying it, even if it was only to myself. I liked Diego.

It was the simple things he did to show he cared that always got to me. I knew he didn't want me just because he wanted to get into my skirt, because we already got that out of the way.

His stubbornness regarding his feelings for me scared me a little, I had to admit that too. He was so sure he loved me and he wanted to be with me.

Hell, he carried a boner around sometimes whenever I did something I thought was sexy so I now knew to be more careful so he wouldn't bend me over the couch one day and make me beg him to take me there while spanking my butt for being such a tease.

"Aww. Now she has regained her memory." Diego commented when the older Allie recognized Noah as the love of her life when he read her the story.

The story itself was a miracle.

Their love was match made from heaven and it was glorious.

Paul chuckled and funny enough, we started discussing about the movie along with Diego.