Chapter 25

Word count: 2968

Thank God my babies are finally graduating 😊

Adrian's POV

*

I was finally graduating.

We were graduating.

I couldn't believe it. I was finally going to be a graduate and I wouldn't have to go to class or read so much into the nights, at least not until I'd decide on getting my masters degree.

That was just so beautiful.

I watched Kara as she twirled around the mansion while Natalia made herself busy with spraying pixie dust all over us, giggling in that lively tone that made me giggle along. I just couldn't help it.

Natalia was a real bubble of jolly mood on her own.

"Oh don't mind me Kara, continue dancing with Adrian while I take a rest. Back in the days, I used to kill it with my moves, hips swaying, standing on tippy toes, catching the attention of every young promising man that sets his eyes on me!" She announced like she was telling us she recently discovered a gold mine and we would now be forever rich, swaying left and right with a graceful air.

Kara eyed her mom and rolled her eyes, which made Natalia smack her butt and complain that Kara had no faith in her.

"Back me up Adrian! At least I know you'll have some faith in this beautiful woman standing before you, wouldn't you? You're even more of a daughter to me than this short thing!" Natalia sneered in mock irritation.

I burst out laughing, deciding not to point out the fact that Kara was a few good inches taller than the woman who was feigning hurt. She wanted to shine, so I nodded in compliance and backed her up.

"You're right Natalia. Kara is only a bit more beautiful than she was when I first met her...she used to be skinny then and now she's just growing into a woman. I wonder how beautiful you must've been in your youthful days to have transfered a few percentage of your beauty to this ungrateful brat?" I commented with glee.

Kara huffed.

Looking at us both over her shoulders, she grabbed the glass and refilled it while turning around, eyeing me from the rim of the glass with a taunting look in her eyes but I merely shook my head.

"Have you gotten everything you need?" Natalia asked Kara who nodded and picked her phone to get busy with it.

"Where's your man? We'll be late." I asked Kara impatiently. Stephano said he'd take us there himself. He'd been so happy Kara was now graduating and the happiness was sure contagious because a smile spread on her face after I asked about her man.

"Where's your man? We'll be late." She retorted with a sneaky smile.

I rolled my eyes at her, watching her pick her phone and dial some numbers.

Kara still didn't know where Diego and I stood in our relationship. She didn't even know we'd moved past the flirting stage though she already willingly gave us her prayers and once told me she'd be the Godmother of our children.

"Hello baby, where are yo-" Kara was speaking when Stephano's voice came from behind us as he alighted the stairs.

"I'm set."

Kara ended the call and smiled, turning around to watch her boyfriend alight the stairs. I watched Stephano eye her with lust and love filled eyes, pulling her into his arms and quickly settling a hand on the small of her back.

"You look so fucking beautiful Kara. And I wonder why you're up so early. You should still be in bed, having your beauty sleep." Stephano told her in a husky voice and cleared his throat. "Wait, did I just cuss? Aish Kara, now you have me cussing." He complained and dipped his head to capture her lips in a deep kiss, which of course, Kara had no objection to.