Chapter 3

Word count: 1925

My shout out goes to Germany and Ireland. One love guys ❤

*

"What did you just call her?" I questioned, confused and shocked at the same time as I eyed Natalia who was still smiling with a slightly flushed face.

Diego turned around and his eyes lit up when he saw me. He unwrapped his hands from Natalia's shoulder and cleared his throat, seeming very happy for some reason. My eyes narrowed into slits at him.

"Well well, Adrian-"

"Hey b, have you had breakfast?" Kara ran in at the same time and Diego stopped talking as he smiled at her.

"How did you sleep? Anything helped with the stomach cramps?" Diego asked her and she smiled at him.

"Yes, thanks. Stephano got me some meds which I later used after you went to bed and I slept well. You?"

"Same here." Diego blinked and sighed. I noticed he blinked a lot whenever he was happy about something or in a good mood.

If he wasn't in a good mood, he would be restless. He wouldn't be able to sit in a place for more than a few seconds.

Kara came towards me, pulled me out of the chair and then dragged me towards mama.

"Mama, I'm going to take Adrian upstairs." Kara announced, enough for the whole house to hear. We were only three in the kitchen but I guess she wasn't only talking to mama. She was obviously also talking to Diego and didn't want to mention his name.

"Why?" I asked in further confusion and admired her outfit. A short, pleated gown that reached above her knees. There were stones embroidered on the torso, giving it a unique look.

And it fitted Kara perfectly.

She had on just little makeup but the pendant on her cleavage caught my eyes, the same one Stephano had gifted her one time.

The gold pendant was carved S&K. Stephano and Kara, obviously.

I touched my own neck in reflex and my eyes widened when I realized I had misplaced the cobra shaped, thin necklace Lucas gave me.

A gasp escaped my lips, my question about wanting to know why she wanted to take me upstairs long forgotten.

"Kara did you-"

Kara smiled, noticing where my fingers were slowly feeling. "It's in your purse. You broke the hook when you were...erm, having a hard time days ago."

"When was I-" I trailed off as my eyes widened. I had been struggling with Lucas's brothers when he was laid down into the pit. My eyes blurred at the remembrance of that moment, when everything even relatively close to Lucas physically was being ripped from me.

I had even threatened to jump in if he didn't come back to me but Lucas didn't come out of that casket. He was gone.

Sealed in the casket. Forever!

"Oh." I pursed my lips, beginning to feel strongly upset.

Kara was looking at me with sad eyes, blinking rapidly and trying to smile widely which was disturbing.

If things weren't okay, I didn't need her acting like they were. I lost Lucas, he wasn't coming back. She didn't need to act as if everything was okay or he would suddenly come knocking on the door.

I glared at her. I could feel my head beginning to hurt but just as I wanted to burst out, I felt someone move closer to my right.

Pecking me on the cheek, mama patted my shoulder and smiled at me. The anger bubbling in me was immediately doused out.