Chapter 44

Word count: 4061

Heavily Unedited

Adrian's POV

*

I felt relaxed.

Too relaxed for someone who just slept with a man who didn't even want to look at her. Well, he wouldn't have looked at me the way he did this past one hour if he'd been sober.

The intimacy we just shared was sweet, melancholic, and full of so much words that couldn't be verbally expressed.

There was an ache in my core that had just been satisfied. A deep, contented sigh escaped my lips as I slowly detached myself from Diego, trailing my gaze over his toned, lean body once more. My gaze relaxed when it landed on his semi hard erection and I found myself licking my lower lip.

Sliding out of bed and away from the sleeping form of the beautiful man who had my heart, I leaned in and gave him one last peck on his sweet lips, making sure to suck his lower lip into my mouth deeply before pulling away.

He'd fallen asleep after making love to me.

Yes, he didn't fuck me. We made sweet love that had me sobbing in both delight and regret because I knew if he was sober, he'd have ignored my ass the minute he stepped through the front door. 

I pulled the covers over him, resisting the urge to trail my eyes over his form one last time before tiptoeing out of the room. I already cleaned his release from his body and mine immediately he passed out. Also, I made sure I didn't leave bruises and scratches on him.

I didn't want him to hate me more than he already did or think I took advantage of him.

Though when we were making love, he'd been so gentle, kissing my lips and chin and eyelids and neck and literally every other spot he wanted to. Staring deeply into my eyes with each gentle but full thrust inside my warmth.

He'd repeatedly told me how much he loved me, how much he wanted to be with me forever. With each thrust, he made sure he hugged me tightly to himself, whispering sweet words to me.

What broke me, however, was when we were done and he gave me one last slow kiss. Then he'd murmured, 'if only this wasn't a dream and if only you didn't hurt me that much' before passing out.

I did my walk of shame and slowly shut the door, pressing my back on it as I choked on the sob that almost escaped.

Shaking my head, I trudged back to my room and tried to get as much sleep as I could.

I woke up and took my bath very early, dropping a note on the table to notify Diego I had to run some errands.

Then I drove out of the estate.

Stopping at the nearest pharmacy, I got a morning after pill and a bottle of water. Immediately I got back into my car, I took the pill and downed it, emptiness weighing heavily in my heart for some unknown reason.

I checked the time, which read ten minutes past seven. It was too early. Diego usually left home around seven thirty or seven forty.

There was no way I would face him this morning, knowing how I'd taken advantage of him. Yes it was a sweet advantage but it shouldn't have happened. He'd been drunk, I hadn't.

Before I knew what was happening, I drove around town and stopped at an orphanage home.

There was a little girl running around with her kite. She couldn't be more than five years old and she was wearing a faded pink gown, with a tear on one arm. She giggled and I noticed two of her front teeth had fallen off.