Chapter 14

Word count: 2321

My shout-out goes to India, 🏳️‍🌈, 🇰🇪 and 🇲🇨 😍😍

Adrian's POV

*

I swayed my hips to the rhythm of the music, singing along to 'Dusk till Dawn' by Zayn and Sia.

It was another Friday night and as usual, I was out with my friend, whom I was totally into and whom I also kind of developed some feelings for, Diego Matthews. I giggled in my tipsy state and looked back to see Diego staring at me with my cup in hand, making me know I was safe and no harm would come near me because he was always watching me. He wasn't drinking, since he would be driving us back to his place.

"Hey pretty. Wanna dance with me?" A masculine voice asked behind me, already snaking his arms around my waist before I could say cheese.

"Nah. I prefer dancing alone." I stated, making sure I raised my voice so he could hear me. I chuckled, knowing I wasn't even willing to turn around.

"Oh, that sucks. I'd still like to dance with you though." He moved behind me regardless, falling into the rhythm as he matched my dance steps.

I turned around to eye the bold man who obviously couldn't take a bit of rejection.

He was a typical blonde head with blue eyes, pink lips and he had a bit of manly muscle on him. He even had earring on one ear and with the way he was looking at me, I couldn't help but scoff. The typical playboy you'd meet in every damn club.

"You'll dance with me only if you'll keep from groping me."

"Whatever you say, pretty." We continued dancing and as the time went by, I actually found myself replying his random questions. His name was Declan and he was taking a break from work and the Navy.

Then he stopped dancing and just stared at me while I was giggling at something funny he'd just stated. Before I knew what was happening, he pulled me closer to him. I stumbled.

While I wasn't drunk, I was still quite tipsy. I was about to cuss him out for his weird move when he suddenly leaned in and kissed me.

I stood rooted with wide eyes for three seconds, not returning the kiss but standing in shock while my heartbeat rammed angrily against my chest. Then I regained my strength and was about to push him away when I was yanked off him.

"What the hell-"

He was punched in the nose and Declan doubled over and screamed in pain. Diego pulled me against his body and I could feel the anger radiating off him in angry waves. He was pissed.

Declan, who was still groaning, looked up with bloodshot eyes and I caught sight of the blood trickling down his nose. Diego landed another powerful punch on his jaw just as he was getting on his feet again and Declan hit the ground.

"Diego! Stop it." I screamed. We were beginning to gain some attention already, with most people staring at the man hunched over on the ground.

I thought he said he was in the Navy? Didn't they teach him to take a few punches without going down or how to fight his attackers?

Speaking of attackers, Diego had me pressed against his chest and even if I had fish brain right now, I'd have still known how angrier he was getting by the minute. I turned around with heavy breathing.

"Diego, please cal-"

He glared at me. "What the hell Adrian? How can you go about kissing a random dude? What the actual hell?" He yelled in my face.

I swallowed thickly. "It's not what you think-"

Diego got a punch on his jaw while he was staring at me as I tried to explain what just happened and I screamed, covering my mouth while I swayed in his hold. More people were now noticing what was happening as they stopped dancing to stare at the scene unfolding.