Chapter 7

Word count: 2522

My shout out goes to Bangladesh and Honduras. One love! ❤

*

The next few weeks after I and Diego made an agreement to be friends had actually gone well and now we were in mid-April.

To my own satisfaction, Kara and Stephano's relationship was also going well. My cousin, Paul had been to our hostel to see me a few times, apologizing for not coming earlier after he heard about the demise of my boyfriend Lucas. My brother, Daniel had also been to my place because of that.

Also because, according to him, he'd missed me a great deal. I couldn't blame them for not knowing about Lucas earlier, because I didn't allow anyone to tell them.

I just shut everyone out and it wasn't until Paul got worried that I wasn't replying his messages and contacted Kara that he got to know what had happened.

But my dad had been sick for a while now so he couldn't travel for the time being and that only meant my step-mom also had to stay back to take care of him.

I was no longer staying at the condo Lucas got for me.

So whenever I wasn't in school, I would be at Kara's place, which was where I was staying now and Natalia seemed to be the happiest person when she got to know I'd agreed to move to Stephano Alfonsi's mansion.  

We were currently preparing for some faculty presentations and registering for our community service since our session would be ending by August. Even though I was still hurting each time I thought about Lucas and how he hadn't lived long before everything that happened to him, I was getting better.

And just like Diego had told me, the pain wasn't as intense and as raw as it used to be.

I'd accepted it.

And I was learning to live with his absence, albeit painfully. But Kara, my best friend, didn't seem to get the memo as she was always at my beck and call, pampering me like I was a goldfish and would run out of air if she left my sight for even a minute.

So I fished out my phone and sent Stephano a message while she was explaining something on Economics elasticity demand shit. I really didn't want to do any school work right now.

So I typed a few words to Stephano.

Adrian: *Hey Stephano, how's work going?*

He replied me not long after.

Stephano: *Work is just fine, same as always. What's up?*

Adrian: *Nothing big. It's just, I kinda want to go out this night and Kara is doing the usual 'mummy duties' by worrying over me because she has absolutely nothing else to do. Could you come keep her company?*

I chuckled at my own rant and started making mental preparation of my outfit for tonight. Lately, I'd been having the urge to just go out and enjoy myself. Lucas demise had taught me to live and enjoy my life to the fullest.

You never can tell when you'll be called up there and away from this earth. The thought was freaky, but I'd felt it raw when that nurse held me down as I screamed for Luca's not to leave me in that hospital. The sound of beeping machines had haunted me so many nights after that. 

His ashen face, I could still see it as if it was just yesterday. It was already more than four months but suddenly thinking about him right now made my mood turn sour.

It would be best to just go out again tonight, to do something fun. And the one person that I could count on whenever I needed him was Diego. The thought of him brought a small smile to my lips.