Chapter 34

Word count: 2331

Adrian's POV

*

Ever since Kara went for her honeymoon two days ago, I'd been staying with Diego at his place. It would be for just a while though, because I was still slowly just accepting him back into my life and wanted to take things slow.

Staying at the mansion when Kara wasn't there would be boring anyway. Mimi wasn't there because she and her son were now with Andre.

Also, Natalia was on a trip to Bahamas. She went with Stephano's mom. Since she had retired from her cook duties, we made her see the relevance in enjoying life and taking a break from constant household duties.

Everything was going perfectly well.

But there was something bothering me. It was Diego's issue with his family.

Diego got a distress call from home yesterday and that set him in panic mode. I knew he tried not to think or talk about his father but that would be hard because this man in question was the person he'd known as his dad all his life. The mam was even his dad.

He didn't dislike him, he couldn't. What he felt towards the man was disappointment but not hatred.

I tidied the sitting room after checking the time and realizing he'd be gone any minute, then made myself comfortable on his couch, watching a criminal show till I felt myself dozing off.

But the locking of the door jolted me from my slumbering state and I sat up slowly, feeling dazed.

"You're back." I murmured and got up, slowly hugging him as he took off his shoes.

"Baby." He called me softly, sighing as he rested his chin on top of my head for some seconds.

He pecked me on the forehead and then moved to the chair to sit, pulling me down to sit beside him.

"How was your day?" I asked and watched him take off his socks.

A frown pulled on my face when I realized how tired he looked. It was like he hasn't slept in days. His eyes were bloodshot and I could see some tiny veins popping up at the sides of his temple.

I unbuttoned his shirt, biting my lower lip in worry.

"Diego, you look really stressed. What's wrong?"

He shook his head. "It's nothing you should worry about. I just really need some rest."

"Did something happen at the company?"

"No."

I sighed and got up, going around the chair to take his shirt off his shoulder and he lazily pulled the sleeves off. I picked the shirt and his socks, dumping them in the laundry basket.

"You're stressed Diego. I'll help you shower. Take off your pants." I ordered.

After he took off his pants, his eyes were clearer and he watched every of my move.

Leading him like a baby, I turned on the shower and washed him. Naturally, he had a reaction to my touches but I wasn't in the mood for that because his health was far more important at this moment.

Also, I didn't want him to stay under the shower for too long because then he would also catch a cold. That would've been avoidable if he was a hundred percent healthy but I couldn't shake off the fact that his immune system was quite weak at this moment.

As I lathered the lavender scented bar soap over his torso, I felt his muscles clench but I didn't pay him any extra attention.

His eyes were on me, watching my every move like he was the predator and I was the prey.