Chapter 33

His fist collides with her jaw. Blood spits onto the cream carpet she'll be forced to clean tomorrow. Her eyes become slits as she forces herself to look up at the monster.

His words hit her skin and one at a time, shatter the barrier and destroy her from within. Her fingers tremble as she forces herself to shield her bruised face. Her blonde hair gets caught into his large fingers as she turns to defend herself.

His long fingers grip round her throat force her to slide up the wall. His fingers tighten and she struggles to fight for air. My vision blurs as tears cloud my vision; they watch his jaw tense with no remorse.

Gasps of air escape her pale lips and I scream.

I can't hear my voice, and neither can they. I scream her name over and over again but no one responds, even though I'm only metres away. None of my muscles work even when I command them to.

Her body slowly becomes limper as she chokes behind his hand. His eyes stare into hers as he watches her disappear under his touch.

Her icy blue eyes search for help through the room. When her eyes land on me, I'm helplessly frozen. The help she desperately needs doesn't come. Her eyes slowly close on me in disappointment and defeat; I'm her finally sight.

I scream.

I lurch forward and try to catch my breath. My skin is on fire, my eyes wide and my whole body shaking in fear.

It was only a dream, but it seemed so real. Her eyes looked like they were telling me this is my entire fault, all her pain, all of this, all mine.

I run my hand through my damp hair causing me to grimace. I rub my wet eyes and ignore the back marks that stain my skin from not washing last night's make up off.

I debate whether to shower as my clothes are sticking to my skin or whether to go back to sleep.

The same nightmare had repeatedly played at least once a week since I left, expect this time, Chloe's body replaced mine.

The image scared me and it scares me that he could be doing the exact same right now.

I groan at the time; four. I can't shower because I'll wake the others, but I can't stay laid here in these clothes.

I decide the nightmare has caused me to be wide awake so I decide to change and try to get some more sleep because of such a day I have ahead.

I stand from the couch and bite my lip when my foot collides with the coffee table. I limp to my suitcase and pull out an oversized flannel. I remove my damp clothing and replace them with the flannel and a clean pair of panties; I'm too hot for any other material.

My back cracks as I walk past Luke's room; I blame the couch and wish I'd taken up Michael's offer of sleeping in his bed while he sleeps in a bed with one of the others; then again I was too tired to move from the couch or argue.

"Demi?" Luke's sleepy voice groans from inside the room and I stop to a halt. I stay silent for a moment to see if he'll go back to sleep.

"You do know I can see you from here, plus your screen on your phone gives it away" he sleepily chuckles and I let out a small one at my stupidity. I can't help but notice how sexy Luke's voice sounds from the deepness and the girt when he said my name.

"Sorry" I mumble and cross my arms causing the material to bunch up.

"Why you up so early?" His voice is quiet because he's clearly still half asleep; my fault.

"Bad dream" I shrug, not thinking much of it even though it's scared the shit out of me.

"Wanna talk about it?" His voice holds more concern than I deserve and even though I can see him, I know he's quickly sat up.