Chapter 4

My eyes fly open when I hear my alarm going off. I quickly turn it off, rub my eyes and go into the bathroom. 

I quickly get in the shower and let the water wash away all the evidence that last night ever happened, besides the imprinted evidence.

I hate the feeling of fear but I constantly have that feeling. Fear takes over any emotion that you’re feeling. The fear of Dean depresses every other emotion I have. 

I blow dry my hair and put my clothes in the wash basket; mentally making a note to wash them later.

I wipe the steam off the mirror as I tie a towel around my body that is getting smaller every day. I look at my refection. You can see the sadness in my eyes. The light that used to be there no longer exists. 

I run my finger over the deep dint in my cheek where his ring had caught, sending chills down my spine from memories of last night.

I apply foundation to my cheeks that are still red and the dark bruises on my neck. It hurts to touch even by softly applying with my wedding finger; a technique that I’d came familiar with using; it didn't press on the wounds as much. 

I apply mascara and a thin line of eyeliner so I at least looked presentable and not like I'd not slept well. I brush the knots out of my hair and leave it down in case the makeup wears off. 

"Demi?" Dean's voice gently speaks as he knocks on the bathroom door making me jump. He will tell me it will never happen again and he is sorry, which I seem to fall for every time.

"Yes? I'm nearly finished. I'll just put all my stuff away" I quickly put everything back in my makeup bag and wipe the sink in case I've got any on there. I straighten out the towels on the hanger and put his toothbrush and toothpaste ready on the sink. 

I open the door to his 'apology face' leaning against the frame. I can probably guess every word he is getting to say. 

He takes my hands in his and softly brushes his fingers across the back of my palms. "I'm so sorry, Demi. It will never happen again, I promise. I didn't mean to hurt you. I was drunk and I thought you liked him, and I didn't want you to leave me. I'm so sorry; I can't believe I did it. I promise you that I am sincerely sorry and it won't happen again." He runs his finger over the dint in my cheek and cups my cheek. 

"I never meant to hurt you. I just don't want you to leave me," he gives me a soft smile. 

"It's okay. I will never leave you. I love you." I softly say, get on my tip toes and give him a quick peck. I squeeze past him into the bedroom where I get dressed in my Rolling Stones vest, black skinning jeans and black combat boots. 

I grab my band wristbands and cover my wrists. I quickly go into the kitchen and eat a banana and sit down at the table waiting for Dean to finish getting ready. I left him a pile of stuff to wear today which I ironed yesterday. 

I set a bowl of Cheerios and milk across from me which every few seconds I'd check to see if he is coming then steal a few hoops. 

He comes out straightening his shirt, sits down and eats in silence. "Let's go" he finishes the last mouthful and stand up grabbing his bag, which I did the same and walk out of the flat to the car. 

He turns the radio on high as his sings along to a song that every other word is waves. I sit in silence, looking at the window watching all the kids play and walk holding hands swinging their arms back and forth. 

He parks the car; I quickly open the door when he puts his hand on my shoulder. "Take your time later; we don't need to rush back." He says and due to the fact that today he would be more open to letting me, I decide to bring up the courage to ask.