Chapter 45

"This one!" Lucy screams as she points to the teacups. Demi smiles and begins to walk in their direction, following Lucy close behind.

Shit! I hate things that spin! I'm going to throw up! My mind repeats as I watch the people already on spin round and round that it makes my tummy ache.

I gulp and take a deep breath before dragging my feet quickly to catch up with them.

I guess if I do puke, the boys won't be here to film it and put it on Instagram!

Demi smiles down to Lucy when we unfortunately get to sit down straight away in a teacup due to no one else want to vomit.

We all hold onto a wheel in the middle and I feel the cup jolt forward causing my stomach to flip. I squeeze the metal wheel till my knuckles are white and keep my eyes on how excited Lucy looks, rather than the fact I can already feel this morning's breakfast arise quickly through my chest.

"Are you okay?" Demi furrows her eyebrows in concern as she mouths, her noticing the colour that has quickly left my face.

"I will be when this is over" I mouth back and squeeze the metal wheel harder when my vision on the part around Demi's head blurs.

I keep gulping and willing for this to be over, and the sign finally comes when I feel the spinning slow.

I jolt quickly, undo Lucy's belt, throw her on my shoulder and practically run off the torture device. I can hear Demi running after us as I place Lucy down quickly, but carefully on the floor and place my hands on my knees as I try to stop the dizziness.

My head is pounding and I'm probably shaking like a Chihuahua! Lucy giggles loudly with a grin as she watches me, which I respond by playfully glaring at her, causing her to giggle even louder.

Demi's hands cup my face and lift it to face her very concerned look.

"You okay?" Her lips are in a tight straight line, her eyes wide in fear as if I'm dying due to being spun for three minutes; well I do feel like I am.

"I can go on anything, just nothing that spins" I chuckle at how stupid I am for not being able to stand spinning in a teacup, when my three year old daughter could.

"Maybe we should stay off some rides for a while and meet some characters" Demi suggests as she lightens up, obviously realising that she hasn't lost me to a spinning teacup.

I nod and shake my head to try and get rid of the motion sickness. I entwine our hands and kiss her knuckles softly. She grins to herself and entwines her fingers with Lucy's so we don't lose her in the masses of tourists.

Luckily only a few people recognised us and only took up a small amount of our time. I love meeting fans and talking to them, but Demi isn't used to it, or keen to it yet, plus I want this holiday to be just us and no distractions.

I excuse myself when my phone starts ringing when we were in the middle of meeting Ariel. I press it to my ear and wait for whomever it is to speak.

"Hello sweetie" my mother's voice answers and I wish I'd not answered it now and looked at the caller ID. I love her to bits and I miss her a lot, I just don't know what to say to her recently without it looking bad on Demi, hurting her feelings or lying.

"Hey mum" I reply loud enough for Demi to glance over and give an encouraging smile.

"How's Disney Land?" She asks with a happy tone but I'm just finding this tense and awkward, despite it only starting less than thirty seconds ago.

"Great. We're just meeting Ariel at the moment" I say shortly even though I know she wanted me to go into depth. I also wanted to drop a hint that I'm in the middle of something.