Chapter 13

I need to get to Melbourne. I had to get there to check the flat out and sign the papers. Unfortunately I had to do that in person and there is no way I can get Dean to come with me to do that. I’d thought whether I could leave him alone for a few hours and go but I know he wouldn’t even leave Sydney as he’s too busy with his scholarship and he definitely won’t let me out of his sight.

And I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to take a look at a flat with Dean as that definitely would mess up my plans.

Somehow, I need to go, but without him knowing. It was too far for me to just go for a day so I needed to plan it.

The idea struck that I would go and pretend it was a trip with school. That way he’d be more inclined to let me and I wouldn’t have to sneak around.

The thing is I don’t want to go alone. Obviously, I’d have to work out a way to get away from them for a couple of hours to do it anyway but at least I could have a couple of days away from Dean.

I hate having weekends or holidays with Dean because he never has anything to do so were both together 24/7. I hate it.

Because I’m a loner, the only friends I’ve got who I would be able to stand a weekend with are Luke, Michael, Calum, Ashton and Chloe.

I felt like a light bulb had lit in my head when I thought we could have a road trip to Melbourne and a few places on the way. They probably won’t suspect anything either.

Mentally pats myself on the back for being a genius!

The only way Dean would find out it wasn’t educational would be if Chloe or Ashton told him as the others don’t speak to him. I’ll have to speak to them before to make sure they won’t. Hopefully, they won’t have to keep quiet for long.

At dinner the next day I decided to talk to everyone on their thoughts on the road trip.

“What are you guys doing in the holidays?” I asked everyone as we all sat down with our trays.

“No much. Probably just going to spend it in bed.” Michael spoke with his mouth full of burger.

“Luke?” I turned round to Luke who was sat beside me. He’d been a lot happier recently and I feel like it’s because I keep giving him hope.

“My mum and dad are going skiing and my brothers will be out all the time so I’ll probably be spending it at Michaels or Calums like every year.” He plainly said. Liz and Andy go skiing quite often and Luke hates it so he doesn’t like going so normally stay at home. He said that his brothers enjoy it but they are getting rather old to be going on vacations with their parents.

“Calum?”

“Not much. I’m not sure yet but I presume I’ll just be at home all week.” He mumbled shovelling a forkful into his mouth.

“That’s settled then.” I plainly said and picked up my bottle of water unscrewing the lid.

“What’s settled?” Luke raised an eyebrow at me as I gulped down half a bottle of water.

“You guys are coming on a camping trip with me” I said as if it was the most obvious idea ever.

“What?” Michael dropped his fork wanting to hear more.

“Well if I have to spend two weeks in my flat I’ll go crazy. I’ve been in Australia for like three months now and I have barely seen the country. Dean’s too busy with football and that entire college frat guy thing so if you guys are interested lets go on holiday.” I tried to act cool but I really do want them to come with me.